• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

That's right.......I do mods too MBW Red 1680 for your feedb

Justasgood

Horology Curious
6/3/07
Up for comment and feedback.

Full mods: Case and CG's shaped and aged, bracelet endpieces shaped, Bezel modded to recess insert (justasgood mod specialty :rolleyes: ), Gen Crown/Tube, Gen Crystal, Gen gaskets, Lug holes and bracelet modded to accept installed Gen springbars.

RED1680011.jpg

RED1680007.jpg

RED1680005.jpg

RED1680004.jpg

RED1680001.jpg

Dial and hands Re-lumed and Gen pearl installed.
RED1680009.jpg

Regulated and keeping time at +4secs/day.....not bad for a knockoff :huh:

All that is left is to do a final sand/polish and wear the snot out of it.

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter.

Regards,

Kurt. :lol:

ken1

18/3/07
:shock: that's awesome. unlike you i don't have guts to bring a dremel anywhere near my watches.

Justasgood

Horology Curious
6/3/07
ken1 said:
:shock: that's awesome. unlike you i don't have guts to bring a dremel anywhere near my watches.

No Dremel used except to polish.....

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
Good work Kurt.
But I think you should age it a bit to look like a 30 year old watch. Also the gen would never be that louminous after such a long time... Still pretty impressive. [smilie=thumbsup.gif]

Justasgood

Horology Curious
6/3/07
seadweller4000 said:
Good work Kurt.
But I think you should age it a bit to look like a 30 year old watch. Also the gen would never be that louminous after such a long time... Still pretty impressive. [smilie=thumbsup.gif]

I intend to age the case a bit more. It has been rounded (as if many services and polishings have occurred) and the dial looks like a NOS replacement. I like 'em to glow......so it does :wink:

Thanks for the feedback,

Kurt.

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
Justasgood said:
I like 'em to glow......so it does :wink:

Yeah I know waht you mean. I am thinking of superluming my 1665 great white when it arrives...
Are you in germany?
Cheers Ben.

Justasgood

Horology Curious
6/3/07
seadweller4000 said:
Justasgood said:
I like 'em to glow......so it does :wink:

Yeah I know waht you mean. I am thinking of superluming my 1665 great white when it arrives...
Are you in germany?
Cheers Ben.

Nope,

Nashville, TN.

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
Good job, would like to see how it looks after you have aged it. That is one thing I keep thinking about for my 1665, among others. And you being in the states is a plus, for me at least :wink:

Hey Flip954rr, now that be an avatar!

Justasgood

Horology Curious
6/3/07
mumum said:
Good job, would like to see how it looks after you have aged it. That is one thing I keep thinking about for my 1665, among others. And you being in the states is a plus, for me at least :wink:

Hey Flip954rr, now that be an avatar!

Agreed on the Avatar.....

As for the ageing, it will look alot like this....
FinalMods094.jpg

FinalMods096.jpg