• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TF Breitling Chronomat B01 green dial - first impressions (Not a review!)

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
I recently purchased this absolutely stunning TF Breitling Chronomat BO1 green dial next door from the great @c_hall100 and was surprised that I have not seen more of this watch, so thought I would post my initial impressions here for anyone interested in this particular reference.

Firstly, and for me the best thing about the watch.... THAT DIAL :love: . The green dial is absolutely stunning and pops in the sunlight, giving off a beautiful deep emerald colour. When not in direct light, its almost black and gives the watch a whole new look. This for me has shades of 520 Daytona which is what originally drew me to it (3,6,9 chrono layout and steel bezel with thick black markings).

The bezel is also very nice and has a lovely action, I have never held a gen version so cannot comment on how close this feels when compared to gen but I will say that it feels high quality, on par with some of my other reps from the likes of VSF.

The bracelet is my second favourite part of this watch, the design is absolutely stunning and feels incredibly robust, giving the watch an elegant yet industrial feel on the wrist. The date wheel is a little sunken as expected with a rep running an A7750, however the black background of the DW and black subdials make this very hard to tell unless up extremely close!

Overall I am incredibly impressed with the quality of this rep 👏, especially given I knew next to nothing about the factory when I purchased it. I did a quick comparison with some gen pics on line and I struggled to find any major discrepancies after a quick scan, although I'm sure there are flaws which I would welcome a discussion on below by people more versed on these than I! I am by no means an expert on Breitling and in fact, I only recently re-introduced myself to the Breitling rep world, with the last one I purchased being from a hotel shop in Sharm El Sheik wayyyyyy back in 2013/14 which I still have to this day.

I'm planning on also purchasing a black dial SOH 42 which alongside this and my recently acquired blue dial Navi 42, makes a pretty spot on 3 watch Breitling collection in my opinion!

Interested to hear your guys' thoughts on this and for those of you that have this model (or variation of) please feel free to chuck inn your 2 cents and some pics, purely for the eye candy ;)

Now to the pics:

zCuQBS.jpg

zCu8TJ.jpg

zCurbP.jpg

zCuBUW.jpg

zCulRQ.jpg

zCuChL.jpg

zCuP9R.jpg

zCuTs8.jpg

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
I miss old chunky looking Breitlings, I don’t understand why Breiting does dramatic changes to their avenger and chronomat collections, this is like traveling back in time with a bullet bracelet

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
It is a nice watch, but definetelly not as nice as the old collection imho

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I miss old chunky looking Breitlings, I don’t understand why Breiting does dramatic changes to their avenger and chronomat collections, this is like traveling back in time with a bullet bracelet
The old big chunky Breitlings are not desired anymore. They need to sell watches and are catering to the current trends. You can find old Bentley and Avengers these days for huge discounts.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Date font was different on the TF to GF last I looked.
Indeed sir you are correct.
On closer inspection now I can see the GF is more accurate having the squarer style font. It’s still not 1:1 accurate with gen but much closer than the TF which has a standard looking generic rounded font.

Checking with dealers at the moment to see if the GF green dial is still available.. pending response soon.

Reactions: Thatwatchguy