• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Test: The Oris Carlos Coste Chronograph Limited Edition rep

optimis9

25/8/07
Great review.. Thanks for sharing. Its review like this that made this forum special.
BTW does it cost a lot to put on a superluminova on a watch? I kept hearing the same lume problem coming from rep. Why? anybody.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
A relume (actually lume) of the markers would look great for sure. :D

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
For future reference, here is the problem on some batches

56012302fh0.jpg

67671177qd4.jpg

The DW has 2 weeks, and this happen every 2 SUNdays.

steve12345

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/9/06
I just noticed the Sunday is upside down on mine as well. Last Sunday it was correct. It appears the date wheel has two days of the week that rotate every other week. Otherwise no issues with the watch. I now see several other dealers are now selling this watch. I hope they come with the bracelt version soon.

Steve

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Pix said:
For future reference, here is the problem on some batches

56012302fh0.jpg

67671177qd4.jpg

The DW has 2 weeks, and this happen every 2 SUNdays.

Oups just bought one from Ruby...Hope that I will not have this issue...didn't see your post before..too bad

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
With regards to the rubber strap:

I was at the AD today, Oris make this watch as a non Carlos Coste. It was the same dial, lefty format... and the same rubber strap. The other things that made it non CC was that the indices were silver, not orange. Also the caseback would be solid Ti.

speedster

23/10/07
Superb review. I have been looking at this watch quite a bit recently on Silix's site. Seeing those wristshots puts the watch thickness into perspective :shock: . I can live with the upsidedown sundays, hell, some sundays feel like that anyway after a heavy saturday night on the ale. This could be my nexy buy. Ill have to keep it under the radar though, Im sure her indoors would have something to say about another watch turning up :lol:

kbsparks

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/06
I have huge wrists and just ordered this one from Silix. I have a friend with a different model Oris in a gen and have always loved it. The Carlos Coste looks even better. Can't wait to get it!

Kevin

Jawo

Horology Curious
9/2/08
Here is a problem with mine I got at Silix. Notice the lume on the minute hand and 4 o'clock? The pearl on bezel is hard to see but is damaged and crooked. Watch sent to Ziggy for relume. Jay said he would send me a new dial and now looks like new bezel too. Great rep but very poor QC. I think this is true for all the new Oris reps.

Oris%20Defect.jpg

kbsparks

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/06
How long did it take you guys to get your Carlos Coste's from Silix? My PayPal payment cleared on June 17 and it's now the 26th and no watch......

Thanks,

Kevin

speedster

23/10/07
wouldnt worry mate, I usually expect them in about 3 weeks, my paid for on the 10th June, recieved on 26th so you may have a few more days to wait yet.

mrshagz

Banned
3/8/09
Does anyone sell the oris with the metal bracelet?? I love that bracelet!!!

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06
Go to watch eden.com. He has several type os the Oris Carlos Coste on straps and bracelet. I also suggest looking at the Oris Team F1 Williams. Very nice watch.

Steve :D

Blahblah09

Horology Curious
16/1/11
I am wondering other than the movement and lume is there really anyway to tell this is a rep? Also, do you think it can be somehow be replaced with a gen movement?

mulder

Horology Curious
1/9/10
I have been cruising this site for some time now and have never felt the need to post anything, until now. You sir are a legend! This review is brilliant!
I applaud the time and effort you put into this to bring us all this review.
Again.... BRAVO SIR......