• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC ignoring emails?

leedsuk

Horology Curious
18/3/15
Hi guys

I had a problem with my TC Sub so I sent it back to TC for a repair. He confirmed he has the watch with him and he was working on it. That was a week ago. He proposed some upgrades and I replied telling him which upgrades I would like him to apply for me. He has not replied to me since then, and i've emailed him 4 times to ask him what is going on - no replies from him at all.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm now watchless and worried! :cryingbadly::cryingbadly::cryingbadly:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Do you know how many emails tc gets? This is a hobby not the guy's job so it's a case of get shit done or answer mail. You will get an answer when he has something to tell you so don't stress it mate.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
RELAX TC is very busy and will not hold your hand and give you daily updates, He runs two full time businesses and has many watch orders to take care of for long time loyal and patient members so RELAX or your work will take forever. This is the simple truth and had you done your reading homework you would of known this before hand. Tell him what you want pay him and then wait a month or two.. That's life if you don't like it there are other dealers selling junk 16610s for much less.

leedsuk

Horology Curious
18/3/15
I understand he's busy etc, however he was replying on a daily basis to me up until a week ago then complete radio silence. I'm quite up on buying reps, so i'm aware of timescales etc. I'll hang on for him to reply - he's probably just busy with the festive period.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Don't bomb him with emails, he will come back to you. By the way is holiday season so he might have some time off to spend with friends or family so be a bit patient [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
I understand he's busy etc, however he was replying on a daily basis to me up until a week ago then complete radio silence. I'm quite up on buying reps, so i'm aware of timescales etc. I'll hang on for him to reply - he's probably just busy with the festive period.
I read in another thread that he's out of the country for 2 weeks for the holidays.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

"He proposed some upgrades and I replied telling him which upgrades I would like him to apply for me." So, everything is alright. Is there a daily/weekly need for updates like: just ordered the part You wanted from China. 1 week later: part has arrived. 1 week later: just mounted the part, now just the rest is missing etc. etc.
This is not how TC works, he has the needed information, he will do it, it may take 14 days, it may take 2 months and when he´s finished he will come back to You. Meanwhile just research, choose and order another watch to pass the time. Your TC, You will enjoy it for several Years/decades to come, once it´s back.

Drewgar

27/5/15
Wow, TC is very easy to work with, you just need to allow him time on his end, and he might be out of the country with business. He will surly answer when he gets time. This whole replica hobby is on a little different time schedule than what we are accustom to from mainstream retail or service providers.
Once you understand its own timetable, sit back because it’s so enjoyable. But patience is the key.

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13
I can confirm He IS out of the country until next week at the earliest. I read somewhere that China blocks access to gmail.

leedsuk

Horology Curious
18/3/15
Thanks for the reassurance guys, I just thought it was odd that's all. If he's out of the country then it's all good I can completely understand! Me and my patience (or lack thereof)!

Thanks again guys.

russ1979

Looking Around
23/6/15
I haven't had much response from him lately - originally ordered a TC V6 early October. My watch was shipped and picked up by USPS yesterday. He seems to be very busy lately.

Phwtan

14/11/14
I've been waiting for a reply from TC for more than a month regarding a spare part.
i'm wanting to purchase one of his TC 93250 bracelets as I've seen on the forums that it has been improved and the center link on the SEL is not as thick as it had been since it was introduced.

i emailed again about a week ago, and still no response, although he seems to be replying emails relating to watch orders during this time.

whats the deal??

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13
I've been waiting for a reply from TC for more than a month regarding a spare part.
i'm wanting to purchase one of his TC 93250 bracelets as I've seen on the forums that it has been improved and the center link on the SEL is not as thick as it had been since it was introduced.

i emailed again about a week ago, and still no response, although he seems to be replying emails relating to watch orders during this time.

whats the deal??

Ask him that in your next email.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Or maybe he doesn't like you ;)

j/k of course...

peeps need to relax. He's travelling and out of town. He's probably prioritizing his time on email and responding to new watch orders, while repairs, spare parts and other emails take second priority.

My advice is to make a spare parts order worth his time to pack/ship. Order multiple parts on each order; you can always sell what you don't use later.

He'll respond eventually.

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11

whats the deal??

He's out the country taking a vacation for once, relax.

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
I was in contact with him on the 23rd, and sent a payment. I wouldn't worry too much about prompt replies during the holidays though. Everybody is pretty busy in general right now

milliemod

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/12/15
I send him payment on the 12th of December and now I'm just waiting those 70 days.. ;)

Hope my piece will be gorgeous!

B&E355

9/2/15
Honestly, there's no excuse for this. That's a BS attitude to have.

The guy builds $650 watches. He's no dummy. It takes 2 seconds to auto-set an "out of office" email or put a post on his website (or here, even). But he refuses to.

It's this 'holier than thou' attitude and arrogance he has that is beyond irritating. And this is from a daily wearing customer who is even a fan of his.

No.
Excuse.