• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC 16610 Bracelet

rdothroaway

Supporter
Certified
2/5/21
I have a "Ginault TC" (modified w/ Gen dial, insert crown, crystal...) that still has the Ginault bracelet with a Gen glide lock clasp. I also have a TC V6 with the original TC bracelet (with Clean glide lock clasp), which feels much better than the Ginault bracelet. The TC bracelet is Gen-like to me in terms of feel and appearance. I just ordered an Italian 93150/501b for the "Ginault TC" to see if it compares to the TC V6 bracelet I have. Photos below, I will share an update once I get the Italian bracelet delivered and fitted on the Ginault.

Here is the "Ginault TC" with Ginault bracelet:

Here is the TC v6 with TC bracelet:
[url=https://clickpix.org/image/tcv6-front.hpSkIk]
Ah looks amazing man! Thank you

Reactions: yomega

Art Vandelay

Importer / Exporter
Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/3/23
🇬🇧
I thought the bracelet would still fit. You'll install the spring bars between the lugs instead of through the holes. I am new to this, so I thought I would try it. And if it does not, I figured I could sell the Italian bracelet here on RWI. It seems I may have missed something....
Interesting. Let me know how it goes. Suspect you will need to go for thinner than normal springbars, maybe 1.8?

I'd read that at least 1 person using that bracelet with the push bars and had to drill it out.

@rdothroaway WM9 existed pre TC.

Last edited:

yomega

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
20/8/23
Interesting. Let me know how it goes. Suspect you will need to go for thinner than normal springbars, maybe 1.8?

I'd read that at least 1 person using that bracelet with the push bars and had to drill it out.

@rdothroaway WM9 existed pre TC.
I will post here to share how it goes. If it goes poorly, I will sell or keep the Italian bracelet for a SeaDweller. I have been on the hunt for a nice SD, too. However, I may need to block this site for a while. I just laid down some serious coin for a Tripdog 6542!

Reactions: Art Vandelay

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
can anyone shed some light on what a WM9 bracelet is? Haven’t heard of WM9 before..
As far as I remember WM9 had the same case maker as TC in the early days. They would have been very similar watches. WM9 are or were just slightly more sought after especially since they made a 16613. If you see one grab one but be prepared to pay quite a price for one.

NPD

7/2/22
EU
I thought the bracelet would still fit. You'll install the spring bars between the lugs instead of through the holes. I am new to this, so I thought I would try it. And if it does not, I figured I could sell the Italian bracelet here on RWI. It seems I may have missed something....

I thought it was a typo and you were ordering a 93250... from my understanding the Italian 93250 can be sourced (only with the wrong clasp), but if you are looking for bracelet-only a wrong clasp wouldn't be an issue as you could substitute with your own correct clasp.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Italian 93250 share the same code engraved on the SEL as the JF/ARF/RAF. I wouldn’t be surprised they just took sel and links from arf to produce their own 93250.

Also I remember a member ( @KJ2020 ?) mentioning that BP 16610 bracket have the same clasp code, looks very similar and maybe are the same as TC bracelet

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I've never thought that TC bracelets were anything special, YMMV. Earlier models may have been better but later ones do share the same PJ4 clasp code that BP 16610s use. And there isn't a discernible difference between them that I have observed.

I put a Ginault bracelet on mine and was going to use a branded Glidelock like I did on my gen 16710, but in the end opted to swap in the TC clasp after softening up the sharp edges. I thought about using my gen 93150 clasp that came on my 1990 16710 (that was not uncommon back then) but the TC clasp is usable after some edge softening.

TC V6 with Ginault bracelet, which is awesome - as good as a gen 6 digit IMO. Though it does have polished link sides so there's that. Those can be brushed ofc but not really necessary unless you are a purist.

16971278284571.jpg

Last edited:

NPD

7/2/22
EU
I've never thought that TC bracelets were anything special, YMMV. Earlier models may have been better but later ones do share the same PJ4 clasp code that BP 16610s use. And there isn't a discernible difference between them that I have observed.

I put a Ginault bracelet on mine and was going to use a branded Glidelock like I did on my gen 16710, but in the end opted to swap in the TC clasp after softening up the sharp edges. I thought about using my gen 93150 clasp that came on my 1990 16710 (that was not uncommon back then) but the TC clasp is usable after some edge softening.

TC V6 with Ginault bracelet, which is awesome - as good as a gen 6 digit IMO. Though it does have polished link sides so there's that. Those can be brushed ofc but not really necessary unless you are a purist.

If I recall correctly you had done a failed experiment in trying out fitting a gen 93250 bracelet into your TC V6, or was it some other user? I remember someone posting about the SELs not fitting tightly into the TC V6 case.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
If I recall correctly you had done a failed experiment in trying out fitting a gen 93250 bracelet into your TC V6, or was it some other user? I remember someone posting about the SELs not fitting tightly into the TC V6 case.
That was not me. However there was a batch of TC bracelets that had slightly too wide SELs. This made fitting them difficult which scarred up the inside of the lugs. Some lug insides were lightly sanded to remove scarring and make the fit better, which then could make a correct width SEL fit loosely.

Last edited: