• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Taylormade R7 460cc weights

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
Hi Guys,

I have a taylormade R7 460 driver with the 2 moveable weights.

I am a complete noob and haven't been playing long at all.

Anyway - I know the club is set up for a draw and normally comes with a 2 gram and 14 gram weight. Mine has 2 x 8 gram weights.

Should I leave it be or try and find the normal weights to counteract the draw? Part of me thinks with 2 x 8 gram weights it is nice and even, but it's the fact it is set up for a draw that then confuses the matter.

Or should I not care because my swing is still not consistent enough for it to matter?

I am taking lessons so with a bit of practice and a few angry walks around the greens with time I will hopefully get better.

Craig

parklanephil

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
4/6/14
It depends how you shape the ball naturally.
Personally I would suggest removing the weight and working out your natural shot shape then going from there.
It is pretty unlikely that you will consistently try/be able to shape shots until you start to see 12 or below handicap anyway.
More likely is that the weight can be used to counteract a flaw and help you hit straight as opposed to shaping shots.
Once you have a regular shot shape and picture your game will adapt to that method of play.
When I moved from cavities to blades my shot shape moved to a fade from a slight draw, now that is how I manage the course, play to the natural ability rather than force the shot.

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
Easy answer. Thanks guys. Better get back to practice if I'm gonna make the Ryder cup team.