• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TAOBAO experiments - Non-watch products

ILOVEYEEZUS

Renowned Member
2/8/16
I'd figured with all the back and forth from Ali to Taobao on the other thread, it's only right we make a thread catered to the Taobao users.

I'm being unbiased when I say Taobao is by far a better shopping tool than Ali. You can find better quality for a cheaper price on Tao than you would on Ali.

This is coming from a guy who is already an A3 shopper on Ali, but after browsing and actually purchasing on Tao, I doubt I'd go back to Ali.
Don't get me wrong, Ali is a great way to shop if you are looking for 1 item only. But if you want to build a great deal, I'd suggest you use Taobao.
So if anyone needs help, I will guide you here. It might seem complicated at first but trust me, once you get the hang of it, the world is limitless.

Just curious if the mods don't mind be posting full links here from Tao since we use the full links to post on the agents sites to shop.
And Tao links don't get taken down as often like Ali. But if not approved, I completely understand, and I can just pm the links I find.

A few stores I recommend on Tao are: Cwhat, Unhs, Nelly, (will post more in the future)

And I have found everything from Gucci to YSL to Raf Simmons to Moncler to basically everything lol.

Feel free to post what you guys are looking for and I don't mind helping as well.

:) Good shopping everyone

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
They are all the from the same group, Alibaba under founder Jack Ma. Just that Aliexpress catered to those seller who can communicate in english and Taobao for those who can communicate in chinese. Both site are also rapidly cracking down on reps as far as I know. Also, you need funds again to actually reopen stores or open new ones.

Yort

Looking Around
22/8/16
Ive been look at making some rep purchases through Tao but have no clue how to use it. Ive just been clicking links that people have posted to reddit forums such as fashion reps. I find it hard to navigate on the app as its all in chinese lol.

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
Ive been look at making some rep purchases through Tao but have no clue how to use it. Ive just been clicking links that people have posted to reddit forums such as fashion reps. I find it hard to navigate on the app as its all in chinese lol.

Yes it is in chinese because China you know lol, you need to go through an agent in that case... Or maybe fellas here can help you search and you give the link to the agent lol.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I really doubt taobao is cheaper than ae for the same stuff. Anyway for me ae/dhgate are only the tools with which I pay the stuff I agree with the vendors on whatsapp/weixin

I'm open to find deals tho

sent, me thinks

rek0001

1/1/13
Hi Yeezus, I'm a fairly conservative dresser, more preppy I guess.

And so I'm looking for RL, Lacoste and Fred Perry polos.

Also I'd like to acquire a Goyard and an LV Damier wallet.

Lastly I'd love some driving mocs - Tod's, LV (not flashy) in US size 12 (I know, may be difficult).

Pretty modest haul actually. Can you help me with these items please?

Thanks much.

ILOVEYEEZUS

Renowned Member
2/8/16
They are all the from the same group, Alibaba under founder Jack Ma. Just that Aliexpress catered to those seller who can communicate in english and Taobao for those who can communicate in chinese. Both site are also rapidly cracking down on reps as far as I know. Also, you need funds again to actually reopen stores or open new ones.

I'd figured they are all the same, but as far as quality and easier access to designer labels...Taobao has way bigger advantage than Ali.

This is not a Taobao vs Ali Express thread lol, since at the end of the day our goal is to find the best quality reps for all of us.

Just too much back and forth with Ali and I'd rather share the Taobao content here, while I can share Ali on the other. :)

ILOVEYEEZUS

Renowned Member
2/8/16
And Tao is basically like the Chinese Ebay (based off what the Chinese people I talk to tell me) that's why they don't ship to the States because the crackdown on reps. Reason you see Ali Express links always shut down vs to Tao it's usually just "out of stock" items.

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
And Tao is basically like the Chinese Ebay (based off what the Chinese people I talk to tell me) that's why they don't ship to the States because the crackdown on reps. Reason you see Ali Express links always shut down vs to Tao it's usually just "out of stock" items.

Now finding reps is tougher and need use techniques to buy from seller nowadays (seller will guide you on how to order)

ILOVEYEEZUS

Renowned Member
2/8/16
I really doubt taobao is cheaper than ae for the same stuff. Anyway for me ae/dhgate are only the tools with which I pay the stuff I agree with the vendors on whatsapp/weixin

I'm open to find deals tho

sent, me thinks

Here's an example friend

This is a FOG bomber from Vinco on Ali (known high end quality streetwear vendor)
42d8b1982a0e36176bc52a58bde7ed09.jpg

70 USD SHIPPED

Vs here's Cwhat's FOG bomber on Taobao (very popular vendor on Tao)
51fe41a764e7698cb1cb5341f210020c.jpg

ROUGHLY AROUND 20 USD before Shipping

Even if I were to just order the bomber and check out on shipping I'll save about 10-15 dollars depending my shipping method.

But if I add that bomber to a haul the shipping price becomes somewhat cheaper and even makes that bomber jacket about 30 bucks with shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

momiloco

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/12
Not all of them will ship to oversea right?
Personally I think it is easier to look for branded item but some of the prices are pretty steep.

One of the best thing about Ali is the searching process itself and the guessing whether the item is a rep or a rep with local OEM mark/brand.
I am really interested to explore tao but find it frustrating as everythin is in Chinese.

I think if we can start with a few links to quality items will be excellent.

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
please keep this like the Ali thread, no live links.

thank you

dirkrk

Horology Curious
11/5/15
I've already ordered for a €1000 or maybe even more on TB.

For the searching part, use Google Chrome, you can translate every page automatically so it's not in Chinese anymore.

For the ordering I always use an agent, Cssbuy or Basetao. They charge you about 5% of your order price and take care of it for you.

So you get pictures before shipping and you can choose the shipping method you like.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Ay2ob

19/1/16
I want to buy a biker jean but excellent quality is a little not expensive on Ali. Any body know how It runs on taobao ?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

abog

19/7/13
I see they censored some brands too. I am looking for valentino sneakers and only authentic is listed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk