• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TAIWAN or Korea best rep

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
I heard from some of my frens that went to Taiwan for holiday ...overthere..there are lot of good replicas watches that is not that expensive...for them all the prices here..quite expensive..is it true??..

any taiwanese here? Or Koreaan ??

they said in korea also there have this one market totallly for good reps ..please confirm...must be nice..to have all the good reps in one shelter...and for a cheaper price...

curious..

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
You must know the right place and the right person to bring you to good quality rep over there. Otherwise, stick to this forum :p

for TW rep: I know they have very high quality.
for KOREA rep: You can expect something along Miyota movement line.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Korean dealers get their reps from China.. and yes, you can get good quality for cheaper.. but you have to be very very careful and know exactly what you are doing, and have them open the case back.. the reason for replicas costing more here is very simple, dealers have much harder job to do to get reps and send around the world, they have to be responsible to fix or replace any watch that arrives broken or does not work right, they have to pay for shipping cost and replacement cost of a watch if it is seized.. they have to spend time getting watches, making sure watches are in good shape, they have to spend time on forum or website, they have to answer pm's and emails on regular basis.. and if they make a mistake? They are jumped all over and crucified - they have to be so careful also not to be caught, for dealing is not legal occupation.... gets crazy.. and a shopkeeper in Korea, or in China? He sells watch, customer flies away never to be seen again..

So, yes, you can go to Korea and buy a watch... pay for plane fare and hotel.. and hope you are much smarter than the slickyboy salesman who wants all of your cash..

: )

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
well thanks for that ..

Thats a really good info..more for the knowledge...:):) cheers mate...its true..they just really2 one ...your cash and money...and to go there..you have to bring someone that already know the place and maybe know the dealers overthere...

If I go there...i will go withsomeone that know the place...

Cheers all ..

moggio :D :D

sevomd

Renowned Member
31/3/06
I got my first rep over 10 years ago in Korea in a district called Itaewon, where they take you into a back room to show you their wares. First of all I am Korean and speak the language pretty fluently. The 2 reps I got were a Rolex sub and a Cartier pasha. Both were plated nickel and some kind of asian movt. I've long since gotten rid of these. I have been back to Korea on numerous occaisions and the quality of the reps come no where near the quality of the reps sold on these boards. Like Klink said the movts are brobably Miyota maybe miyota copies?? And the prices they quote are outrageous. Really not worth your time IMHO.

Eddy

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@sevomd: Thanks for giving us the insight. As you said, Korean reps are not the cream of the crop.

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
Also, in most countries it is hard to walk through customs with multiple watches. Most of the time you will have to pay taxes on them or have them taken from you.

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
welll...

Its true...so maybe korea is not the best ?..how bout TAIWAN ?? anybody from taiwan or been there to their market reps ?

about the custom ?...maybe you can say that the reps is your collection..I've seen a lot of foreigners bring back..alot of watches ...and also DVDs for sure..damnn a lot ...never have trouble...

maybe its luck ...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@moggio: you need some luck to get thru customs. Just imagine having 100 pieces of reps on your luggage confiscated :twisted:
Different countries have different law on this too.