• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Chronograph timeshops.net

DarkR

Horology Curious
8/10/09
Hi all,

I deicide to take the plunge and buy my very first replica i have seen Koster88's Review of the New TAG Grand Carrera Chronograph. I like it at first sight.

I bought it from http://www.timeshops.net/TG9155_-_Tag_Heuer_Grand_Carrera_Black_Dial_SS_-_Asia_7750_28800bph_2505-4071.htm

Hope the Differences have been rectified: from what Koster88 pointed out

Biggest mistake I found, was on the rotor stamp. It is marked Caliber 16, when it should say Caliber 17. Whoops:
Gen hands Have Lume, Rep Hands do not.
AR is a Very slightly different Tint. The AR is very good, and unless you had them side by side like I did, you could never ever tell.
I think the Tag logo on the Dial is a little off center. This is probably just a QC issue. Maybe its just my eyes.
Date Wheel is a little further recessed than the Gen. However, it does not stand out like a sore thumb because the Gen is also recessed, just not quite as far.

Mobius

I'm Pretty Popular
You will get what is pictured. I did notice that it says Calibur 17 on the dial so, he may have adjusted some of the differences. However, luming usually is non existant on many reps. Don't be suprised if it isn't lumed. Most people have the luming done after they've received the watch. They either go through a trusted watch smith or do the DIY thing. You may want to look around here for some assist on that. Fakey is pretty good at that kind of stuff and would be a better person to help point you in the right direction.

drew4392

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/09
DarkR- Keep us posted! I just bought the same watch and curious to hear what you think of it when it arrives.

DarkR

Horology Curious
8/10/09
drew4392 I will be posting it once it arrives;)

Mobius yup should be good :)

DarkR

Horology Curious
8/10/09
Oh man, i think all the batches are still the same.
Grand Carrera SS Black

http://www.puretimewatch.com/products_pictures/TAG-2008-09-30-06-04.JPG

It still says calibre 16.. ah my first purchase gone bad.. not a perfect one.

Brought it from here.. http://timeshops.net/TG9155_-_Tag_H...ck_Dial_SS_-_Asia_7750_28800bph_2505-4071.htm

Their rotor pic is not clear enough. anyway its too late i e-mailed timeshops 10 mins ago and soon after i realize its on EMS already. TOo late.. well 7 business days to australia will be updating, if its calibre 17 its a bonus. if not its a first purchase gone bad.

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
did you email the dealer and ask them before you bought it what you would get?... probably a good practice to have some communication with the dealer before you commit but don't worry, every1 makes mistakes on the first buy.

i bought my first rep before i found these boards and it was a bust.

anyway try and work urself out of it being a purchase gone bad... the calibre 16 might be wrong, but its just on the rotor. everything else is the same.

and you'll probably be the only one who will see the underside of your watch anyway :)

DarkR

Horology Curious
8/10/09
did you email the dealer and ask them before you bought it what you would get?... probably a good practice to have some communication with the dealer before you commit but don't worry, every1 makes mistakes on the first buy.

i bought my first rep before i found these boards and it was a bust.

anyway try and work urself out of it being a purchase gone bad... the calibre 16 might be wrong, but its just on the rotor. everything else is the same.

and you'll probably be the only one who will see the underside of your watch anyway :)

I did not e-mail before i buy.. ah well.. maybe i'll give to my dad or something.

Just an update its released from customs today and should be arriving tommorrow :)

DarkR

Horology Curious
8/10/09
Oh yes it has arrive, its has got the right calibre 17 engraving on the rotor :biglaugh:

everything is good :)

First purchase is right

mrshagz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/8/09
Lets see some photos!! I might be next to get one :p

mrshagz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/8/09
Lets see sum photos on the wrist! Im thinking of getting one :p Whats the band thickness?

DarkR

Horology Curious
8/10/09
Just a word of warning there is no lume.. :) other than that its a very well made watch... almost flawless to an untrained eye :biglaugh: