• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Heuer Carrera bullhead

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
Interesting.... Very interesting indeed

Sent from my LG-H815

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Can't comment on how it compares to the gen but in it's own right it's a great looking piece, lots of detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
I've spotted at least one negligible flaw - the red paint on the sundial hands is slightly longer on the rep. What worries me more though is the sec@6. We know that's essentially a dice roll for reliability on modified A7750s.

motoman83

Known Member
23/3/13
I've spotted at least one negligible flaw - the red paint on the sundial hands is slightly longer on the rep. What worries me more though is the sec@6. We know that's essentially a dice roll for reliability on modified A7750s.

isn't this actually seconds at 9 since the movement is rotated?

jaycey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/13
The movement is rotated 45 degrees counter clockwise placing the winding crown at 12 and running seconds at 6.
There should be no problems with this, it's the standard configuration ;)

allin72offsuit

6/8/15
The movement is rotated 45 degrees counter clockwise placing the winding crown at 12 and running seconds at 6.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but does that mean the date wheel doesn't advance till 15 past midnight?

jaycey

2/4/13
Not a stupid question at all.

What happens is this...

To synchronise the date change at 12 midnight, the crown is turned slowly in hand setting position without the hands fitted.
When you see the date wheel begin to change you know that is when you need your hands fitted, pointing to 12 o'clock.

You can wind the movement forward or backwards a little depending on what time you want the date to change.
Some people set it so the date begins to change before midnight, some set it to change just after midnight.

Easy as that ;)

Hyjynx

28/9/13

A fine point that became clear to me just a moment ago and which I came back to correct only to see you've done that already. I stand corrected.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I notice that the rep case seems to be all steel as opposed to the partial aluminum on the gen. Again, not a deal breaker for me. Since the steel and aluminum are coated, the difference will not be obvious except in weight. This is inching higher on my wish list. Can CNY be over already?! [emoji1]

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
I love it and will be on my list to buy in 2016.. Looks very well made..

jiggyjaggy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/2/16
This is a stunning piece and an incoming watch in my 2016 collection. Love the anniversary model and the crown on the top of the watch. So unique!

iamthestig

Renowned Member
16/5/12
I see I will order it next week. I'm already busy with a few at the moment. Next week I will order this and the pam087

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Great! Please post your impression when you get it.

iamthestig

Renowned Member
16/5/12
I asked one of the TD for a pic, she sent me this. I'll be ordering it next week, will post QC of it and when I receive it. QC will be posted not to ask for advice just so that you guys can see how it looks :)

1e6f4a0d338a8634936a5b93662d49db.jpg

jiggyjaggy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/2/16
That looks really smart. Looking forward to seeing the ordered product.