• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Heuer Carrera Black Dial- Any idea where Cheaper?

nicewatches

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/09
Don't think they are an authorized dealer. If you do decide to buy from them, you will more than likely be disappointed :( The biggest tell that they are not reputable is the fact that they are using genuine pictures (you can tell it's stolen from another site or from the Tag website because the time on the watch is 10:10). Stick to the authorized dealers listed here - they will give you the best bang for your buck and will have some warranty in place just in case you get a dud.

Coincidentally, I have the exact watch you bought from TimeShops (I bought it from TimeShops too) and I'd consider selling it to you for $225 shipped (USD). It's in spectacular condition, looks flawless - I've only had it for about 2 weeks. Keeps pretty accurate time too. I want to sell it to buy the Day-Date version of this watch. You can PM me on here if you are interested!

edit: The watch you linked to (the $108 one) is the JM Fangio edition of the Carrera, so it's not precisely the watch you posted from TimeShops, though it is very similar. For the price they are charging it's probably a Quartz, so stay away!

vr4

Looking Around
14/8/09
I am ready to make the buy.

I am really a novice @ this. Is the 250 price range the correct one for a watch like this?

Cany anyone offer me a better price?

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
i'm no expert but i've picked up a few differences from the details and pictures alone.

for starters the cheaper one has mineral glass whilst the more expensive ones have sapphire glass.

also, the dial is different. the numbering on the sub dials is not accurate on the cheaper models. you can compare this on the tag website.

lastly, i'm not too sure tho but i think the movement used in the cheaper one is different as well.

Lezzare

Supporter
Certified
29/1/09
SG
The ones you posted from Watcheden are using 21j movement, meaning it is automatic but there is no chrono function. If you would like a higher quality rep, I would recommend you buy the Asian 7750 models you found from Puretime or Timeshops.

vr44

4/10/09
Cool! So I got it! opted for the cheaper watcheden one. I paid $108 shipped to my USA address.

Purchased 9/21
Shipped 9/25
Received 10/2

The thing is gorgeous! I do not believe the tachemeter works as you guys predicted.

I am thinking about getting the more expensive - higher quality one - I am going to see if it is possible for me to sell this unit.

Anything I should do in terms of maintenance?

thanks!

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
I'm glad you went with Watcheden. The other link you posted above is scary. Not only are they using pics of gens, but if you'll notice on that page the related products below it are all the same photo, regardless of brand. For the fun of it, I followed the first link there for a Breitling. The pic is correct but the description is for a Panerai. If they can't even master some of these basics then how would you know what you ordered is what you would get?

Also, I'm puzzled by this:

Anyone care to take a stab at it? :D

Also on that page of "Special & New" watches, he says "Peter will weekly recommend the most updated models in his private stock. Some of them might not appear in replicas wholesale market so far"

Anyone claiming to have reps that no one else does is a scammer. Period.

PS - Sorry this was sort of a thread hijack. Completely unintentional.

vr44

4/10/09
which one puretime or time shops?

Hey guys! I liked the watch I got so much I am going to get one with a working chrnograph. Just hoping for a few more expert opinions before I make another purchase. This time I want an Exact functional Replica!

COuld anyone point out differences between the following:

$265 - http://www.watcheden.com/tag-heuer-carrera-chronograph-asia-valjoux-7750-movement-with-black-dial-i-11653-p-1

$220 - http://www.trevorwatch.info/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_26&products_id=62

$238 - http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?productID=286

$258 - http://www.timeshops.net/TG0313_-_Tag_Heuer_Carrera_Black_Dial_SS_-_Asian_7750_Automatic_Chronograph_070001-38.htm

As of now I Plan to go with the trevor's watch one. I have heard great things about him! I would also be willing to go with the more expensive watch eden one if there is a real difference. Any other differences between the watches though? I want to pay for quality.

vr44

4/10/09
hey guys I am going to make the purchase!

Let me know any opinions!

thanks!