• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Grand Carrera RS2 Calibre 17, Pics inside

jack_bauer

Renowned Member
12/9/08
Well I finally got my last grail watch. When I started collecting, I said I wouldn't rest until I get a Rolex 2 tone blue sub, A Hublot Big Bang, and a Tag Grand Carrera Calibre 17. I've collected a whole lot of other watches in between, but these three are definitely my favorite. The rotating seconds wheel @ 3 alone is worth the price.

I ordered this watch in the a7750 flavor before from a trusted dealer and had too many problems so I sent it back for a refund. I ordered a quartz version but it arrived with a broken chrono and was siezed by customs on the return trip back to China. I thought I would never get this grail watch, but then out of nowhere I saw a deal over at repgeek that I could not pass up. The seller happened to be local and worked a few blocks from where I worked so I could pick it up and have it on my wrist before Turkey Day.

IMG_3465.jpg

The Wrist Shot

IMG_3466.jpg

Beautiful face. Only giveaway is the sunken datewheel

IMG_3467.jpg

Correct Calibre 17 rotor

IMG_3468.jpg

Thickness on the wrist, yes I am the hairless wonder

IMG_3469.jpg

The Tag family (not pictured because I forgot Tag Calibre 36 quartz)

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
Niceeee watch, this watch come in 2 different colors right?

Now it's time to mod the dw and the ar :D

jack_bauer

Renowned Member
12/9/08
I think there are three versions: the PVD RS2, Stainless steel, and rose gold. The watch has an AR, but it's just the standard rep blue tint AR.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
I want this one, too - if not for myself, cetainly for a gift

whos got the best one?

does the quartz version have the rolling seconds at 3? or does it jitter around?

Lezzare

Supporter
Certified
29/1/09
SG
Wow..just in time to feed my tag craze. This watch has been on my list for quite awhile now, too bad I chose the normal RS version first.

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
hey awesome man! i noticed they now have the Calibre 36 in a7750 as well. decisions decisions.

but awesome watch mate! wear it well :)

booger44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/09
Where did you purchase your carrera legend? what movement is in it?

jack_bauer

Renowned Member
12/9/08
I picked it up from a member off of repgeek. It's got the modified a7750 with the seconds at 3 o clock.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
can you ask him where he got it for us?
pleeeeaasssee?

booger44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/09
I was talking about the carrera chronograph on the bottom right of the last picture...Where did you get it from? What movement is in it and how long have you had it for? Reliability?

jack_bauer

Renowned Member
12/9/08
The Grant Carrera 17 was originally purchased from WE. The Carrera chrono was purchased from Angus at Puretime. It's got the a7750 movement and has been spot on reliable. Keeps good time and chronos always reset to 0. I've had it for about a year now.