• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TAG Carrera Racing from King

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Got this today, my last rep for a while...
S5001206.jpg

Thing is, this is what happened to the bracelet as soon as I unwrapped it
damn thing broke :(
S5001203.jpg

but here are some hasty pics of it anyway, I'm very impressed with the fit & finish of this overall :D
S5001209.jpg

S5001207.jpg

S5001210.jpg

S5001211.jpg

S5001212.jpg

slowlearner

Horology Curious
17/12/06
Got mine a few days ago, some of the hour markers on the dial are not the right size. Some are, some aren't. Trying to resolve the issue now.

It's a bummer.

vmena

9/4/06
S**it! what a pity... everybody should test their SS bracelets to ensure this is not a single mistake of the factory. How would you rate the SS bracelet in terms of heaviness and aspect compared to gen (at least by pics)?

pswohrle

Horology Curious
7/12/06
Carrera Group Buy

Got mine today. Overall, the watch looks great, but date window cutout is not perfect, and outer tachymetre dial scratched - I mean scratched.

carrera0fs.jpg

cloeup4nm.jpg

tefunk

Horology Curious
24/11/06
Here's my King group buy Carrera. The stock rubber strap was a terrible fit for my 6.5" wrists so I got a $15 Thorton Watch rubber. Quality is what you'd expect for $15 but it fits like a glove.

Picture057.jpg

Olga

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/06
@pswohrle, Your tachymetre bezel is not scratched, the protective plastic is still on. I did the same thing with mine.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Apart from the snapped clasp pin - which I hope I can easily fix, by inserting a pin removed from a link when I resize - I think the whole package is very good....for a rep. I don't expect it to be 100% flawless, obviously, so all in all yes I'm very pleased with it :)

The rubber strap is a very snug and secure fit to the case, and IMHO, is very comfortable and easy to adjust. The clasp is precise to use, although the buttons could do with being a little stiffer, for security.

The steel bracelet, generally is also well made IMO. Fitted first time to the case with no pin bending. It has some sharp edges that need dressing but otherwise ok. Just minor niggles but I've encountered worse before.

The watch itself, I have no complaints! Nearly everything (the date font :roll: ) looks fine to me and chrono works great!

I think I actually prefer the clean looks of the rubber strap now, and this watch will be pushing for space up there with my favourite reps. ie Link Chrono, PO, SMP Chrono & GMT...

BIG THANKS to Vmena, King and all others who made this GB possible! :D

vmena

9/4/06
Nice to hear you feel happy importr... I'm sorry for the steel band issu but I'm sure King will manage.

slowlearner

Horology Curious
17/12/06
I'm still waiting for a replacement dial to arrive to repair the crappy one that came on my watch. It's been over two weeks, how long should it take?

lacoste99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/07
so my watch arrived already. How do i make this watch work. Sorry im a newbie. Do i need to wind something?

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Yes you can wind it about 20-40 turns. Alternatively you can swirl it - like a glass of brandy - for about 2 mins!

Otherwise wear it while doing some physical movements and it'll soon power up. Enjoy! :)

slowlearner

Horology Curious
17/12/06
slowlearner said:
I'm still waiting for a replacement dial to arrive to repair the crappy one that came on my watch. It's been over two weeks, how long should it take?
Got the new dial today. Took almost 4 weeks. Now I have to find someone to install it.