• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Carerra...

sammy7878

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/07
Hello,
I am a newbie on here I have been reading every thread I can, learning from all of your expertise on reps. I have started my collection with an SMP, an ultimate PO, a pam111h and a 188 but am now looking into a tag carerra as a daily beater. I am wondering if someone who maybe owns one, can tell me how close to gen this is and maybe where to pick it up. I would apprecieate any and all advise from anyone who is kind enough to give it.
Thanks, Sam

This is what i'm looking for.

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
Is the one in the photo a gen? If not, that is a great looking rep. I too would like to know where to pick one up like that one.

sammy7878

24/3/07
I don't know if it is a gen or not. It's the stock pic from Puretime.

Z3k0

Renowned Member
2/1/07
Croatia
All Carrera Chrono Tachy is one of the best reps around. Only thing that is wrong is the date font, and that can be easily corrected by buying stock ETA date wheel or replacing entire movement with gen Val 7750. Date wheel replacement is quite easy and cheap mod, I did it and it really helps :lol: :roll: . Every other aspect of the watch is spot on. I went to AD few days ago and looked at Tachy Racing version and compared it to my rep - the only thing I noticed is that rubber strap and SS bracelet are not up to quality of gens (not the looks, but quality feel), really nothing else.

Few quick pics of mine:

_MG_2507.jpg

_MG_2504.jpg

_MG_2502.jpg

bye

sammy7878

24/3/07
Thanks Z3K0. Where did you pick up yours? I have been asking for quotes, and I got one from Precious for over $330. I'm not sure but that seems really high compared to others.

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
thats 100 bucks more than i purchased mine for, im just waiting for my delivery

Z3k0

Renowned Member
2/1/07
Croatia
vdubpower said:
is there a pic to compare gen datefont and replica, i cant tell

Here you go - on the left is DW you get in reps, on the right side 7750 with ETA DW, just like the one Tag uses:

_MG_2340a.jpg

bye

Z3k0

Renowned Member
2/1/07
Croatia
sammy7878 said:
Thanks Z3K0. Where did you pick up yours? I have been asking for quotes, and I got one from Precious for over $330. I'm not sure but that seems really high compared to others.

I got it from Andrew (trusty), and paid for it around $300 delivered by EMS - but that was right after it was released, now it can be had for much less I think.
I think King have all of them (even fantasy one with silver bezel :?:), so you shoud try asking him/her for price :)
bye

sammy7878

24/3/07
Thanks,
I ended up ordering one for $278. The pic of it showed the bad date wheel but I asked and they said the authentic date font is on the one I ordered. Thanks for all your help.
Sam