• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swiss Ronda 5040.D Chrono, 6 hand

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Forgive me if this is in the wrong area, or if it's a dumb assed idea please just say so, I know I have plenty of those :ROFLMAO:

I've recently got back into the hobby after a 20 year lay off, and a whole new learning curve makes me back at noob status.

I have a Tag Heuer F1 rep, CAZ1011, cheapie but very good copy IMHO, I am very happy with it as is !!

However, as far as I have learned through google the movement in a gen is the Ronda 5040.D 6 hand, date @4 which appear to be very cheap to buy. I have already got a Gen Bracelet for it which will upgrade the Clasp, existing clasp looks OK but is a tad cheap, not that I'm complaining at the price I paid for the Watch.

Now, the burning question is will it swap straight in or am I in for a bunch of grief, I certainly don't have the knowledge or equipment to be machining cases etc?

Second question is (not cost wise), but is it really worth it, be honest ;)

If any UK member sees this and can do it, I'd be fine with a price and time-frame to do it via PM

TIA

Last edited: