• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swapping datejust bezels

Bigjule111

Renowned Member
1/3/11
Nj
Hello gents..I posted this earlier but cant find the post ..so sorry if someone replied to it ... I have a gen datejust 2 116300 which has a smooth bezel and I would like to swap it with a gen white gold fluted bezel .. I do understand that these watches have a gasket unlike the previous older 36m datejust .. I've done the swap on the older 36m datejust and it was Pretty easy ..so my question is .. is it the same method ? Just pry off and place new insert with a press ? ( Which I have ) the guys at trf make it seem like I should just trade my watch for one with a fluted bezel lol.. I do understand that ref numbers won't match but not a big deal as I'll keep the original smooth bezel .. thanks in advance

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
Exactly how you described it. Just make sure you get the correct fluted bezel for your model - easily get confused with the 126334 bezel.

Reactions: Bigjule111

Bigjule111

Renowned Member
1/3/11
Nj
Exactly how you described it. Just make sure you get the correct fluted bezel for your model - easily get confused with the 126334 bezel.
So no difference at all ? Even with the gasket ? This one guy on the Rolex forum made it seem like the newer datejust needed a special tool .. I have the previous generation datejust 2. Not the 41.. .so I should b able to just use a razor and just easily pry it off ? And yes the 1 I'm looking at purchasing is for the Datejust 2 model for $800. The cheapest I've found so far ..and many thanks 🙏.. I'll probably order it tonight then

Bigjule111

Renowned Member
1/3/11
Nj
So I figured no one on the Rolex forum had any answers or was willing to entertain..so I had to go back in the dark side to get some help !!!! Lol