• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swapping a 21j for a clone on a YM advice please

cmaster

6/9/13
I recently bought a ym on a m2m. It's got a really noisy 21j movement that rattles like a children's toy! Plus the date wheel doesn't line up (but that's a different matter!)

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting the movement changed to a decent one: maybe an eta clone.

I know that will fit as I have another ym with that movement in. But the question is: where can I buy this movement and what should I be buying? Plus, how much should this movement cost?

Once I have it I'll take the watch to a smith and get them to change it properly and waterproof it.

farquar

7/2/08
^ not an expert but u may have trouble fitting an eta clone into a 21j rep (case, and dial datewheel alignment issues prolly so u may also have to source a new dial.)

other than that eta clones can be regularly found here in the 2nd hand section. ebay and other dealers have them all the time but prepare to pay a premium.

if u can source a fast beat DG4813 that may be a better replacement for what u go in there now..

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Too many variables, movement holder, hands, date wheel, date window, all of which are different from 21J to 2836 clone.