• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Super confused, same watch from two trusted dealers (jtime and andiot Watches), $160 dollar difference?

Blkwolf1

Horology Curious
5/3/24
I've done my research and am sold on a VSF 114060 sub and was assessing a TD. Jtime an Andiot both have websites that they link, and when I look, they seem to be the same watch from the same factory. What am I missing that causes there to be such a price difference? Is it purely different seller charging different prices or is there something I'm missing?

Jtime: https://jtime.io/us/submariner-1140...c-904l-steel-vsf-1-1-best-edition-vs3130.html

Andiot: https://andiotwatches.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1435&search=114060

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Not missing anything, Andiot is a probationary trusted dealer and making himself a name to gain a customer base, hence the lower pricing against long standing TDs.

Reactions: Karbon74

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
You may want to read the TDs T&Cs to see if there's any difference there.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
What am I missing that causes there to be such a price difference?

Well.. The very simple concepts of capitalism, competition and market economies are causing this.

In pre-1980s China, probably all TDs would have had the exact same prices, dictated by something like the "People's Economic Congress of Counterfeit Products" —or whatever their Communist Body, tasked with fixed price regulations, may have been called. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: DarioM6611

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
DE
What am I missing that causes there to be such a price difference?
Capitalism and free market. Never heard of how your parents compare prices before buying things?

They are free to mark up, give discounts etc to generate profit, and you are free to compare prices between TDs. Just so most of them tended to put on an almost-the-same-pricetag, doesn't mean they are not allowed to make a price difference.

Last edited: