• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner question(s)

Einawood

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/12/23
Hi guys.
I was wondering, what are your thoughts on the Submariner Noob V8 (116610LV)?
A couple of TD’s still have them, probably old stock. But it looks damn good for the price.

And yes, I know VSF is the best, and I don’t disagree on them being the best today. But a while back, I have understood that Noob was at the top of the game, but i can’t find any topic on where it changed. Some say was after the V6, some after V7 and some say after the V8.
And in my research it looks like the V8 is better then the V10, at least with the magnification.

——————

And the second question: if not VFS or Clean - then what factory?

——————

And, my last question - if VSF are so perfect, why is VSF the only thing to get second hand?
It seems like people are selling them, and holding on to the other factories.
Surely the other factories sell and has sild also, or else they would have been put of business. So where are all the second hand clean, noob and zzf’s?

Thanks for your time peeps

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I can't tell you about Noob because I've never had one in hand, but you better make really sure with your TD those really are noobs if you want one.

Second question: in terms of numbers seems that ZF is the most common after vsf and clean. You also have to consider dial color, if I'm not mistaken ZF does a very good green dial. Hell, some even buy BP just for the green dial to swap it into another case.

Third question: I guess that may very well be because of the difference between the 11xxxx and 12xxxx cases, some like the more elegant one, some prefer the fatter lugs. So they may buy both and sell the one they don't like.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I feared for the worst when reading the thread title and was relieved to see it's not the dreaded one-liner question we all have learned to hate and love at the same time. 🤣

I'm not gonna chime in with my half-knowledge about Rolex reps, but just wanted to say it's refreshing to see a newbie putting in the work, thinking independently, reading & using the resources! That's the kind of engagement that warms my heart. ❤️🔥👌😊

Einawood

18/12/23
I can't tell you about Noob because I've never had one in hand, but you better make really sure with your TD those really are noobs if you want one.

Second question: in terms of numbers seems that ZF is the most common after vsf and clean. You also have to consider dial color, if I'm not mistaken ZF does a very good green dial. Hell, some even buy BP just for the green dial to swap it into another case.

Third question: I guess that may very well be because of the difference between the 11xxxx and 12xxxx cases, some like the more elegant one, some prefer the fatter lugs. So they may buy both and sell the one they don't like.
Yeah, thats one of my concerns. I’ve heard there are a lot of fake noob’s. But I was hoping maybe TD’s was a bit more genuine about it.

Yes, I’ve heard ZF makes good dials. But they are almost the same price as VSF, so then it’s maybe just as good to choose VS.

The last question I think you misunderstood, or i’m misunderstanding your answer. Or I wrote the question in a funn way😂
What I meant was; if for example the noob or the older versions of zf isn’t good, why aren’t people selling them? Why are they keeping them in their collection🤔

Einawood

18/12/23
I feared for the worst when reading the thread title and was relieved to see it's not the dreaded one-liner question we all have learned to hate and love at the same time. 🤣

I'm not gonna chime in with my half-knowledge about Rolex reps, but just wanted to say it's refreshing to see a newbie putting in the work, thinking independently, reading & using the resources! That's the kind of engagement that warms my heart. ❤️🔥👌😊
HAHAHAHAHA😂 I can totally understand your concern! Should maybe had a different title

But thank you. I feel I have done at least a fair bit of research. But i’m far from Expert - so i’m glad this forums exist.
And I’ve done a couple of mistakes in postings on forums - but at least i’m learning.

• Haha
Reactions: eBoy

Einawood

18/12/23
There are so many better options now than that. I wouldn't waste my money on any of those.
Yeah, I know there are at least three better options - zf, cf and vsf. Maybe arf also.
But at a vert different price..

But, if you have better options for maximum $230, I would be wery happy for your tips😄

JSL121

Gold Patron
Certified
1/12/23

Agreed! I respect OP's time put into the research and not asking a one-liner expecting easy answers.

Reactions: Einawood

JSL121

Gold Patron
Certified
1/12/23
Yeah, I know there are at least three better options - zf, cf and vsf. Maybe arf also.
But at a vert different price..

But, if you have better options for maximum $230, I would be wery happy for your tips😄
OP, I know budget is a concern, so I get it. But can you save up $220 more dollars and get a VSF sub? I've seen them on here M2M for +/- $450 if you are patient and watch the M2M sales. I had to learn the hard way when I first started in this rep game, trying to be cheap and buying from lower-tier factories. I always ended up less than satisfied. When I finally learned and bought my first VSF sub, I was blown away with the quality. I have gen and rep subs and I swear I am as happy with my VSF subs as I am my gens. Just my two cents...

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
This is just my honest opinion and there are certainly many who disagree. But if your budget is $230 I wouldn't even look at Rolex replicas - you will be disappointed.

If my budget was 230 dollars, I would much rather spend my money with a well-known microbrand on Ali, for a "homage" or something similar.
Or as others have mentioned above, save your money and wait until you can afford a better one :)

Good luck on your journey!

Einawood

18/12/23
OP, I know budget is a concern, so I get it. But can you save up $220 more dollars and get a VSF sub? I've seen them on here M2M for +/- $450 if you are patient and watch the M2M sales. I had to learn the hard way when I first started in this rep game, trying to be cheap and buying from lower-tier factories. I always ended up less than satisfied. When I finally learned and bought my first VSF sub, I was blown away with the quality. I have gen and rep subs and I swear I am as happy with my VSF subs as I am my gens. Just my two cents...
I don’t disagree or argue with you on this.
All the threads I’ve read on VSF are exclusively positive.
And at some point i’m going to spurte one.

But there is two «but’s»:

I have to start with a mid-price rep to convince my wife it’s ok to spend more😂

And, the biggest but; 98% of all the threads i’ve seen on people who have bought Noob V8 or V11, are really happy with it. And all of them want to keep them in the collection.
So it has to be something about them

JSL121

Gold Patron
Certified
1/12/23
I don’t disagree or argue with you on this.
All the threads I’ve read on VSF are exclusively positive.
And at some point i’m going to spurte one.

But there is two «but’s»:

I have to start with a mid-price rep to convince my wife it’s ok to spend more😂

And, the biggest but; 98% of all the threads i’ve seen on people who have bought Noob V8 or V11, are really happy with it. And all of them want to keep them in the collection.
So it has to be something about them
I don't have expert knowledge on the Noob subs, but the issue for me would be the movement that comes in the Noob version and inability to add gen parts down the road.

Einawood

18/12/23
If you're looking for a solid and good sub, there shouldn't be a budget. Wait till you cam buy a good one that will be with you for years. Trust me.
I’m not arguing with you, and I have understood that VSF is the best.
But the people who have bought Noob V8 and V11 earlier are genuinly happy with them. So they can’t be too bad to start with?
And they are definitly better then Jason’s U1 and GDF😂

Einawood

18/12/23
I don't have expert knowledge on the Noob subs, but the issue for me would be the movement that comes in the Noob version and inability to add gen parts down the road.
I understand that. But right now i’m not looking for a franken project.
That’s why i’m concidering a A2836, as according to the guide is a good and reliable movement. (Never found in a gen Rolex, but still a good movement).

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I’m not arguing with you, and I have understood that VSF is the best.
But the people who have bought Noob V8 and V11 earlier are genuinly happy with them. So they can’t be too bad to start with?
And they are definitly better then Jason’s U1 and GDF😂
Not a bad start at all. But I would think it's best to make one purchase that gets you the best of the best, even if you have to wait a bit. Just my .02

Reactions: Einawood and Jossé

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
@Einawood Can't blame you on the wife. We all have our personal wifey stories: for example, there's nothing like breaking the bank and making a $40,000 gift to your wife out of the goodness of your heart (like I did last year), just to hear her yapping about your "excessive spending" on a couple of cheesy rep watches per year, literally an hour or so later. I'm genuinely impressed of the absolutely amazing ability of ignorance & hypocrisy of the female mind! 🤣🤣😂🤪 (@var554, relax girl, I'm just kidding 😝)

Having said that, the additional spending of 30%, 50% or even 100% more for a high-end rep over the price of a mid-tier piece will give you an at least ten-fold satisfaction and enjoyment of your purchase.

It's understandable if someone can't spend more due to budget constraints, but the rep gang as a whole probably has a consensus over this which is incomparable to most other issues: the extra spending on a high-end rep gives you a multitude back in experience and value! No doubt about it...

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
Hey OP, are you specifically looking for a Hulk?

Just wanted to mention that - depending on where you’re located - Sead might be an option:

When trying to get an “old Noob” you have the following issues:
- risk of not getting what you ordered
- risk of not being happy in the end
- issue to not be able to upgrade your watch along the way
- shipping from China (which easily adds 40 USD + the wait)

Sead had the current VSF Hulk in Stock to be shipped within the EU. Yes, you may end up paying like 150 USD more (shipped), but you will have what you deserve ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Einawood and Jossé

Einawood

18/12/23
@Einawood Can't blame you on the wife. We all have our personal wifey stories: for example, there's nothing like breaking the bank and making a $40,000 gift to your wife out of the goodness of your heart (like I did last year), just to hear her yapping about your "excessive spending" on a couple of cheesy rep watches per year, literally an hour or so later. I'm genuinely impressed of the absolutely amazing ability of ignorance & hypocrisy of the female mind! 🤣🤣😂🤪 (@var554, relax girl, I'm just kidding 😝)

Having said that, the additional spending of 30%, 50% or even 100% more for a high-end rep over the price of a mid-tier piece will give you an at least ten-fold satisfaction and enjoyment of your purchase.

It's understandable if someone can't spend more due to budget constraints, but the rep gang as a whole probably has a consensus over this which is incomparable to most other issues: the extra spending on a high-end rep gives you a multitude back in experience and value! No doubt about it...
Hahaha, yeah, funny thing that😂
But trying to understand girl-math is harder then rocket science - so I think the best we can do is nod and smile😂😬

I totally understand that the high tier rep will give an extra feeling. Just the same as buying a gen would also give.

But if you put the «wife-case» aside, there are still factors that makes me looking for a rep in the budget of max $220-$230.

Norway has gotten crazy expencive - gasoline alone has gone up to around $8.5 pr gallon…
Not to mention food.
And with three kids you can imagine the money flying..fast.
So it would take longer to savne up than my impatience first time gut has to offer😂
Rater use good time and save for a high-end while i got my first on the wrist💁🏼‍♂️

And the other case, wich i mentioned earlier - i’ve read a lot of good about the Noob V8 and V11. The people who have bought them are really happy with them.

And of course, it would rock to have an «old-school» noob in the collection, especially when everyone go with the VSF and forgetting about the ones who once was on top💁🏼‍♂️

Einawood

18/12/23
Not a bad start at all. But I would think it's best to make one purchase that gets you the best of the best, even if you have to wait a bit. Just my .02
I totally get your point.
But that waiting on the first watch is killing me softly😂