• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SUBMARINER 116610 LN BLACK CERAMIC with Box and Papers Coming.. Excited and Questions

margincall77

Looking Around
22/11/16
Hello All,

I am wondering if in the future it would be best to pay for my purchase with a Bank transfer over a credit card? The reason I ask is that for a bank transfer you get some percentage (5% or 10% maybe) taken off the final price of your order, however with a Credit Card there is a certain peace of mind that I get knowing that if something goes horribly wrong I can get a chargeback and not be out several hundred dollars. What do you guys think?
Also, I ordered a Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic and I ordered a Box with it. I want to give it as a gift. I'm curious to know what you guys think of the movement in this timepiece? My friend is a watch connoisseur and will be very pleased with the gift either way, but I am not going to tell him its a Rep, instead Im going to leave it to him to decide for himself. What will be the first give away that its a Rep and not Gen. do you guys and gals think?

All input is welcome.

Thanks everyone!

Bizznes101

Renowned Member
19/5/16
SUBMARINER 116610 LN BLACK CERAMIC with Box and Papers Coming.. Excited and Q...

Umm.. wow- don't do it. Lol
There are plenty of tells if you know what to look for. And you never said what model, so it's impossible to comment on the movement.

Jeane123

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/4/15
Hello All,

I am wondering if in the future it would be best to pay for my purchase with a Bank transfer over a credit card? The reason I ask is that for a bank transfer you get some percentage (5% or 10% maybe) taken off the final price of your order, however with a Credit Card there is a certain peace of mind that I get knowing that if something goes horribly wrong I can get a chargeback and not be out several hundred dollars. What do you guys think?
Also, I ordered a Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic and I ordered a Box with it. I want to give it as a gift. I'm curious to know what you guys think of the movement in this timepiece? My friend is a watch connoisseur and will be very pleased with the gift either way, but I am not going to tell him its a Rep, instead Im going to leave it to him to decide for himself. What will be the first give away that its a Rep and not Gen. do you guys and gals think?

All input is welcome.

Thanks everyone!

Oooh that's a big no-no sir. I think all of us are on the same page when it comes to deception. I don't want to tell you what to do but I would NOT pose the gift as a Gen. NOT AT ALL
In fact I would urge you to tell the person it's a rep before they even open the wrapping and have them in awe on what a good rep it is.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
This sounds like you intend to scam somebody - probably on Ebay.

Charge-backs are not necessary if you bought from a TD here - the mods will help sort out any problems you may have - again, confirmation that you have a scammers 'mind set'.

Tonyb1975

Known Member
12/6/16
Must be a very good friend to let him decide if he is the happy owner of a watch cost € 7000 or just a couple of hundred euro's.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

honneypk

Horology Curious
21/9/16
what are papers containing ? as a new bee i just want to know papers role in rep rolex

MorsMars

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/13
You should make it fun and find out the tells of the watch, and give the watch to him to see if he can find the tells himself. I'm sure you'll be able to find your model in the forums with detailed descriptions of flaws. But I wouldn't suggest giving it to him under the pretense of it being real, even if he never notices, it can be quite embarrassing if he ever takes it to a AD or another watch enthusiast calls him out on it.

Or maybe your friend posts a lot on instagram and gets outed by rolex_enforcer :laugh:

BYED

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/15
Sounds to me like you plan on scamming somebody on craigslist or ebay

honneypk

Horology Curious
21/9/16
Hello All,

All input is welcome.

Thanks everyone!

There is a title called as "TD" Trusted Dealer in this site . You need not to worry while dealing with them . They will never cheat you and will always fullfil the commitment.
No need for credit card or by other means for seek of security .
Use the method which cost you less and enjoy the deal

Sent from the RWI mobile app