• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap making on a lazy Sunday - Edited another picture

rocket

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/06
Sourced some new leather this week and made up a prototype for my Regatta

This leather looks like it will age really well with wear

Rocket

Regatta.jpg

Regatta2.jpg

Regatta3.jpg

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
Very Nice!!

Looks great wish I culd do shit like that!!

Kudos

Chris

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
Great looking strap. Certainly looks professional quality.

sevomd

Renowned Member
31/3/06
Hey Rocket

Thats exactly the type of strap and stitch I'm looking for. Tis a beauty. If you ever feel like you could do without it you have a very eager person to dump it off to.

Eddy

rocket

19/3/06
enzo said:
massive stitch count! I like the custom fitting holes as well, that makes it look just that much more unique. What is the thickness result? Looks easily a 5mm+

This one ended up at 5.5mm thick and 150/88 long - was trying to make it like the old ones that went over the outside of a wet suit

One disadvantage of making an extra long strap is the amouint of extra stitching which in my case is all done by hand after the holes are put in - this leather looks like it will age and change colour similar to a Gabostrap I have

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
great work rocket! compliments...

whish i knew doing such nice looking straps

johnism

4/4/06
have to ask how did you do it???? machine ( what kind ) and so on...great looking

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
Nice one..Im going to do it soon...donno when will it finish LOL :)...oh yes...nice BOXES too..carbon fibre box ?? 2 ??? :D :D