• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster Moon watch

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Alright guys, Im one of the friend Martin mentioned, and I had taken a look at the moonie.
While not an expert, I considered myself to be knowledgeable enough to determined that the movement is screwed in some ways. Martin just didnt described it well since he is yet to be as knowledgeable as some of the members here.

Anyway, compared to the Datograph that I owned which uses the same ST-19 movement, here are my observations:

1) No clicking sound that is often heard during winding (I dont even know if the watch is wound or not)

2) While winding, the mechanism can get stuck (u will feel resistance as though its fully wound)

3) Watch runs and stop

4) The min chrono hand actually moves to the next min when the chrono hand reaches somewhere like 13sec instead of 0 (or 12 o'clock)

May have more problems to it since I have only examine it for around 30mins, thus my advice to send it back to Trevor.
The other watch that Martin bought also contains a bad movement, runs and stop.
Hope that explains the frustration that Martin is having.

xmartin86x

Known Member
12/12/11
Alright here's an update:

As of today, the watche stopped. So I pull out the crown to adjust the time, and then push it back in and tried winding it. Couldn't even wind it, it felt like something is stuck and prevent me from winding it.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Ok, there is definately a problem with your movement.... Find a watchsmith on our "trusted" list if you don't have one already... Don't wind or use the watch any more until someone who knows what they're looking at opens up the caseback and finds the problem and fixes it....the more you mess with it, the worse the problems will be. ... Good Luck..:cheers: