• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster Club!

CF_Stan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
KsgMWb.jpeg

Reactions: Karbon74

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Is that a reduced I guess? Was thinking about buying one long time, its very cheap on Chrono compared to the professional series. lets see.... :D
No that is the full size 42mm cheapie quartz version. The Nato always make these wear smaller.

I have been debating buying a real Moonwatch for way too long. When I started to look at them they were about €2.5k and now they fetch anywhere from €4k-€6K.

• Wow
Reactions: Karbon74

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
No that is the full size 42mm cheapie quartz version. The Nato always make these wear smaller.

I have been debating buying a real Moonwatch for way too long. When I started to look at them they were about €2.5k and now they fetch anywhere from €4k-€6K.
I had 2 total. But could not wear the newest bracelet cause I was to weighty. That time is over now:)
Always had saphire sandwhiches, but I guess I will stay at hesalite this time, saves fucking 2-3 thousand.

And dont need box or papers for this watch.

Reactions: C Master

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I had 2 total. But could not wear the newest bracelet cause I was to weighty. That time is over now:)
Always had saphire sandwhiches, but I guess I will stay at hesalite this time, saves fucking 2-3 thousand.

And dont need box or papers for this watch.
The reduced is nice, I own one, I prefer the it over the full sized one, it owns some advantages,

1) It's thinner. It's really quite thin honestly, it wears very well
2) It's automatic

Be warned about the movement, ok, people claim it's "unreliable", it isn't, it's just a hassle to service. It's a Dubois Depraz 2020 module, it's been used in other watches as well, you can do some research

Be aware there's 2 variants, Mk 1, and Mk 2 (sapphire vs hesalite), also the Tritium/Non Tritium version, it's personal preference, I prefer Mk 1 due to the arabic numerals on it over the plain numerals

And if you buy off Chrono24, from the Japanese dealers, well, make sure that they have full links and sized bracelets, i see that often on Chrono the examples don't come with full links

If not you can look to Uncle Seiko/Uncle Strap for a new bracelet instead

Good luck and cheers

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
And if you buy off Chrono24, from the Japanese dealers, well, make sure that they have full links and sized bracelets, i see that often on Chrono the examples don't come with full links

If not you can look to Uncle Seiko/Uncle Strap for a new bracelet instead
Yeah I often see 17cm bracelets. worst case I run to a omega store, and get a link for 30 bucks. Not a big deal. I just sold my gen Tudor Pelagos 42 because as loosing weight it was just too big on my wrist (thick, massive) so i got funds for a speedy. I will look around;)

Reactions: Reaps