• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Something not right with Lucy

alex360s

Horology Curious
11/10/22
Bought watch from Lucy and all seemed ok until shipment. I’ve been given a tracking number from Canada Post which does not exist and has not worked since the time I was given it 4 weeks ago. Waybill shows it’s coming from Ontario and being shipped to me in Quebec?? It’s coming from China or is my geography wrong. I cannot and have not been given any straight answers except to wait till Monday and tracking will work..that’s been going on for 4 Mondays. Totally lost trust in this dealer and her process. I feel like this is a scam and all money lost. Buyer beware.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
In the time it took to write this, I realise that, on another duplicate of this posting, you have confirmed the email so point 1 is moot :)

2. It's not buyer beware or a scam. I have yet to read a single review where Lucy has not fulfilled an order after receiving payment. Yes there are usually delays in communication etc, which is frustrating, but she does deliver, eventually.
She is not going to risk her reputation, or her status as TD, for 1 order.

3. Most (likely all) TDs outsource their shipping to shipping agents who work out the best way to safely get it to you, using various methods, known to work for the recipients country.

4. There have been several regional lockdown in China which has disrupted shipping and caused delays.

5. It is not money lost. Your parcel will turn up, or if not you will be refunded or resent, you just need to give it a little more time. On average, China to Ireland was about a month for me, so I can imagine to Canada a little longer.

I'm not sure on the method for Canada, but suspect it will go from China, few secret stops, Ontario, then Quebec. It wont show updates in Canada post until it gets to Ontario, but if it doesn't in another week or two, contact her and request a refund/reship.

Best of luck

Last edited:

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
As say'd above, TD's have been working hard for a lang time to get that Status and they would never
take the risk to loose it for a few hundred Dollars.
So be patient I'm Sure you will receive either your watch or a refund

Reactions: P..DR..D

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
It’s not uncommon for TDs shipping to Canada to use one logistics company to get the watch to Canada, and then Canada post to do the delivery within Canada. As a fellow Canadian, this is how most of my rep orders have been shipped.

Now, as to why you haven’t seen updates in 4 weeks. The package is probably stuck in a workshop of warehouse in Guangzhou under zero COVID lockdown.

I have an order for a custom Daytona and a 3KF 324SC movement from a non-TD… he gave me tracking 3 weeks ago (nov 6th) with an EMS tracking number. The tracking number still isn’t active as there’s been no “pickup scan” on the package.

I’m not stressed. China is seeing the largest civil unrest since 1989 coupled with a public health lockdown and surveillance state. To put it mildly, things in China are very not normal right now. Logistics interruptions are to be expected.

Relax. Lucy is a TD. Short of WW3, you’ll get your watch eventually.

Reactions: P..DR..D

alex360s

Horology Curious
11/10/22
It’s not uncommon for TDs shipping to Canada to use one logistics company to get the watch to Canada, and then Canada post to do the delivery within Canada. As a fellow Canadian, this is how most of my rep orders have been shipped.

Now, as to why you haven’t seen updates in 4 weeks. The package is probably stuck in a workshop of warehouse in Guangzhou under zero COVID lockdown.

I have an order for a custom Daytona and a 3KF 324SC movement from a non-TD… he gave me tracking 3 weeks ago (nov 6th) with an EMS tracking number. The tracking number still isn’t active as there’s been no “pickup scan” on the package.

I’m not stressed. China is seeing the largest civil unrest since 1989 coupled with a public health lockdown and surveillance state. To put it mildly, things in China are very not normal right now. Logistics interruptions are to be expected.

Relax. Lucy is a TD. Short of WW3, you’ll get your watch eventually.
Thank you for the clear answer.

truetime168

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
18/5/13
Oh,Friend,firstly,I can understand your worried,if I am you,I will be the same too,
for I am first time to order a watch from that dealer,so I worry I will lost money also,

but friend,in this process,after the package send out,after I gave you the tracking number,
even we can't track the tracking number still now,even it didn't update online still now,but I replied you in time always,
to tell you all things I know about it,so I hope you can understand me a little also,

to me,I want you can get it asap too,so I can finish an order also,

I am a TD in RWI about 10 years already,I never say I am the best dealer,but I can always say I am an honest dealer,
yes,sometime,I didn't reply my customers in time,but I finished all orders finally,never cheated my customers before,
I think you can't find any one review which mentioned I cheated any of my customer for any one order so far in the last 10 years,

and I don't need and won't cheat you for one order/one watch to bring troubles to me in RWI also,right?
all I want is just hope we can get more trust from each other via this first order,then we can have more business in the future,

from Nov 5th,caused by the situation of the COVID-19 in GuangZhou,the market was blocked suddenly,
in fact,almost all areas of GuangZhou were blocked already,it affected too many things,work and life,

my watchsmith,post man,etc,all have to closed their offices from then,
at before,my post man can send packages out everyday,but now,just 1~2 times a week,
so the COVID-19 made the big delay of shipping also,

when I send your package out,it's the beginning of COVID-19 break out this time,so shipping should have a delay then indeed,
it's the most serious situation of COVID-19 from 2019 in GuangZhou,we can't control it,

now,we can make sure about these two things below,

1,I gave the package to my post man and let him send out already a few weeks ago,

2,my post man told me he send the package out a few weeks ago too,he told me the package was send out already,

to be honest,I am not familar with these details of shipping,I am a simple person,I just do my work,let my post man do his work,
to me,after I finish all QC and test for a watch,I just packaged it,then give it to my post man,he will send it out for me,
he will do all the rest work for me,I total trust him,he send packages out for many big dealers in the market more than 15 years already,
he changes his shipping methods always,to find the most safe shipping way for dealers,he has very good experience,

thanks for other member's explanation about the shipping to Canada,
in fact,I don't know how it works,I don't know which part of the shipping made the delay,
my post man's office was blocked also,he can't track it well for us too,
everyday I talked with him,I just can say if the package have any news,I will tell you at once,

about your question of the package was send from Canada to Canada,I met this same question about the package to USA also,
I explained in RWI a few times already,so explain it again below,

firstly,I am from China,your package was send out from China for sure,so please don't care where it was send out from the waybill or from the tracking information,you just need check and care the update informaiton after the package arrive to your country,then it's ok,

for example,this is the package I send to USA a few days ago,
so maybe you feel the tracking information showed the package was send out from JAMAICA,but in fact,please don't worry,
just that shipping company created label like that,so the package can pass the customs safely,
in fact,the package is from China still,

hehe,in recent 5 years,all my packages send to USA,the tracking information were began like that,all are the same,
but I never have one package was lost or seized in recent 5 years,so friend,please don't worry,

some shipping methods to some countries,,after my post man give me the tracking numbers,it can't be tracked,
until the package real arrived that country,then it can be tracked and update online,

so friend,please don't worry,your package will arrived safely for sure,and I am sure you will like the watch after you real get it,
I picked a good one for you,after you get it,your smile will let you feel I am an honest dealer then,hehe.

real real hope you can get it soon,I think it's on the shipping way already.

Best Regards
Lucy

alex360s

Horology Curious
11/10/22
Oh,Friend,firstly,I can understand your worried,if I am you,I will be the same too,
for I am first time to order a watch from that dealer,so I worry I will lost money also,

but friend,in this process,after the package send out,after I gave you the tracking number,
even we can't track the tracking number still now,even it didn't update online still now,but I replied you in time always,
to tell you all things I know about it,so I hope you can understand me a little also,

to me,I want you can get it asap too,so I can finish an order also,

I am a TD in RWI about 10 years already,I never say I am the best dealer,but I can always say I am an honest dealer,
yes,sometime,I didn't reply my customers in time,but I finished all orders finally,never cheated my customers before,
I think you can't find any one review which mentioned I cheated any of my customer for any one order so far in the last 10 years,

and I don't need and won't cheat you for one order/one watch to bring troubles to me in RWI also,right?
all I want is just hope we can get more trust from each other via this first order,then we can have more business in the future,

from Nov 5th,caused by the situation of the COVID-19 in GuangZhou,the market was blocked suddenly,
in fact,almost all areas of GuangZhou were blocked already,it affected too many things,work and life,

my watchsmith,post man,etc,all have to closed their offices from then,
at before,my post man can send packages out everyday,but now,just 1~2 times a week,
so the COVID-19 made the big delay of shipping also,

when I send your package out,it's the beginning of COVID-19 break out this time,so shipping should have a delay then indeed,
it's the most serious situation of COVID-19 from 2019 in GuangZhou,we can't control it,

now,we can make sure about these two things below,

1,I gave the package to my post man and let him send out already a few weeks ago,

2,my post man told me he send the package out a few weeks ago too,he told me the package was send out already,

to be honest,I am not familar with these details of shipping,I am a simple person,I just do my work,let my post man do his work,
to me,after I finish all QC and test for a watch,I just packaged it,then give it to my post man,he will send it out for me,
he will do all the rest work for me,I total trust him,he send packages out for many big dealers in the market more than 15 years already,
he changes his shipping methods always,to find the most safe shipping way for dealers,he has very good experience,

thanks for other member's explanation about the shipping to Canada,
in fact,I don't know how it works,I don't know which part of the shipping made the delay,
my post man's office was blocked also,he can't track it well for us too,
everyday I talked with him,I just can say if the package have any news,I will tell you at once,

about your question of the package was send from Canada to Canada,I met this same question about the package to USA also,
I explained in RWI a few times already,so explain it again below,

firstly,I am from China,your package was send out from China for sure,so please don't care where it was send out from the waybill or from the tracking information,you just need check and care the update informaiton after the package arrive to your country,then it's ok,

for example,this is the package I send to USA a few days ago,
so maybe you feel the tracking information showed the package was send out from JAMAICA,but in fact,please don't worry,
just that shipping company created label like that,so the package can pass the customs safely,
in fact,the package is from China still,

hehe,in recent 5 years,all my packages send to USA,the tracking information were began like that,all are the same,
but I never have one package was lost or seized in recent 5 years,so friend,please don't worry,

some shipping methods to some countries,,after my post man give me the tracking numbers,it can't be tracked,
until the package real arrived that country,then it can be tracked and update online,

so friend,please don't worry,your package will arrived safely for sure,and I am sure you will like the watch after you real get it,
I picked a good one for you,after you get it,your smile will let you feel I am an honest dealer then,hehe.

real real hope you can get it soon,I think it's on the shipping way already.

Best Regards
Lucy
Thank you Lucy for taking the time to answer and for giving such a detailed response. I am new to this, it’s obvious certain things are not black and white as I am used to. I will learn, and I will continue to be patient. Please keep me updated as you receive developments.
Thank you again.

Reactions: lost-cavalier

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Jamaica is a division of New York city. Near the upper east side or something. It's moving according the the tracking link and its passing customs itll arrive quickly lol. be patient this hobby is all about patience. I purchased two items when covid began and it took 4 months to arrive no updates to tracking and they were paypal F&F. I didn't raise an alarm because customs were all closed.

lost-cavalier

prisoner of time
Supporter
Certified
5/11/22
With such a succinct and detailed answer I know where I'll go for my next TD order! Hope things calm down in China and folks stay safe, scary times

alex360s

Horology Curious
11/10/22
Hello Everyone,
i just wanted to inform everyone that I finally got tracking information from the tracking number I was given by Lucy and package is expected this Wednesday. Just as other members and Lucy posted, the tracking info would only become available once it reached its destination within Canada.
I was totally wrong concerning my assumptions of Lucy or the process and truly apologoze to her and hope I did not discredit her in any way especially in front of futire buyers. She has done exactly what she promised and responded to all my requests and emails in a very timely and complete manner. I am completely new to this and it shows, but will eventually get the hang of it.
Once again I apologize to Lucy. I will post again once the watch is in and share my comments and pictures.

alex360s

Horology Curious
11/10/22
Did you get the watch in the end?
Yes I did. Unfortunately I received it while I was away from home. When I get back I will inspect it and report but I’m sure it will be fantastic as I received pictures. As I said before I take back any negative comments I made of Lucy. I just needed to trust the process which I started to doubt as it was taking long. From ordering to reception it took 2.5 months.