• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Some "in-the-know" advice plz...

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
I have an AP on SS bracelet and was considering swapping the bracelet to a brown hornback leather strap (because the freaking clasp keeps pop'n open and this stops me from wearing the watch)... My question is, is there some sort of conversion kit needed to do this, because from what I see from pics the two oval links (i.e. lug links) that come off the lugs need to be able to also accept screw bars to attach the leather strap. The oval links (i.e. lug links) currently on my watch only have one set of holes to attach to the lugs and are permanently attached to the bracelet...?

Am i missing something?

thanks in advance
GC

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
I call those strap plots. You can get 3 kinds...

Gen:
From either ebay or gen AP forums, they pop up every now and then ranging from $150-$300

APbands:
http://apbands.com/shop/merchant.mv...O-CONV&Category_Code=CONVKITS&Product_Count=0

Rep:
Dealers should be able to get this. There were talks some months ago about how factories don't include the strap plots anymore, automatically, if you order extra rep straps. You would have to specifically ask that they make sure to include that.

I'm sure some dealers might be able to swing just the plots themselves.

Every strap (rubber, leather, or otherwise) needs it except for the bracelet.

Hope you find a cheap set! I'll probably try to catch a gen set once I get another gen strap later down the road.

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
Thanks for the info! Now it makes total sense, because for a moment there i thought i was missing something totally obvious.

Great advice about asking extra because i wouldn't have asked for "plots" when ordering a rep strap. You just saved me some frustration and that is priceless!