• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Solutions for noob v5 cyclops

Akuwes710

27/9/15
So after 3 different watches on QCs, the one i accept is all good, except the cyclops that is just slightly crooked. Trust me. Previous 2 watches had many other flaws.
77a863babbf994239e91ead248dbf04e.jpg

So after reading up on this stuff. I guess i have some budget options: 1. Remove the cyclops and reglue, 2. Buy clark crystal that will also fix the height issue.
The question i have is, is it possible to heat up the cyclop without removing the crystal from case, and nudge the cyclops a hairline without removing it? And what is your opinion about clark crystal compared to noob? Gen crystal is out of the question. Im fairly new to rep game, so please be nice. Thanks!

rocketdogbert

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/10/13
Uk
Looks to me like you need to rotate the crystal a fraction, nothing else

rdb

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I am not even sure the crystal is rotated. It often depends on the angle you hold the watch.

D

d4m.test

Hi, imho You should have rejected this one as well but i know there comes a time when You say "what the heck, I want my watch before it get´s worse and I´ll fix it".

If You are going to lengths I´ve read that the Clarks crystal is an improvement, to make it even better mainly change the gasket as well to have the crystal sitting lower and flush with the bezelring. DWO should be fixed, maybe replaced if it looks like that on other nrs. as well.

Simple fix would be to remove the cyclops by heating and trying to pry it up (razor?) without cracking the crystal. If the inner ar is removed and the right transparent glue used You will get a good result.

HerbertPeter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/3/15
If you heat it with crystal installed, you will break it, trust me :D

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
I had an incoming watch that I was considering removing the crystal. So I practiced on a cheap sub I have. Mind you I do no other modding so I am not the most patient or steady hand. But I did want to take a stab at this.
I used a soldering iron to heat up and every minute put a razor to the cyclops to see if it came loose. It did not and I cracked the crystal.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Wow beautiful pic the dial look awesome looks improved the marker surrounds look perfect.it looks gen

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
This dial look 100 percent gen flawless marker surrounds are flawless .compare the op qc pic to this early noob v6 dial from a few months ago
x4J3CYa.jpg

ehvQQzB.jpg
pxqTvxt.jpg

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
See the ops v6 dial vs the v6 dial I just posted pics of ,has noob updated the dial to perfect metal marker surrounds and flat markers perfect lume application, instead of domed overfilled lume application causing a dome shape on the hush hush

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
and I thought Angus was saying that Noob is working on a real V6 ? Now I wonder what is the real improvements if they were to keep this dial

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
and I thought Angus was saying that Noob is working on a real V6 ? Now I wonder what is the real improvements if they were to keep this dial

This dial is almost worth buying a v6 for just the dial.is the ops dial gen? Lol it looks gen to me that's how good it looks

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Op where did u get this sub these are the best qc pics from a td I've ever seen got anymore pics of this watch.I thought the new bp dial that came out last week was amazing now I see this .this must be a gen dial lol kh quality noob 116610 dial.I hope it's not just an illusion from the really really good camera skills from this td.and in real life it's the same as the normal noob v6 dial with the ugly domed markers and thick ugly marker surrounds

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Well, my Chinese dealer just told me there has not been any improved version since the v5.1 (we name it v6 here)...

Akuwes710

27/9/15
Wow beautiful pic the dial look awesome looks improved the marker surrounds look perfect.it looks gen

Yea its gen. Jk. Heres another angle to it. Is it truly different? I dont know too muh details about different dials
61bed992216099d04ce28e2a2f51af27.jpg

Akuwes710

27/9/15
Looks to me like you need to rotate the crystal a fraction, nothing else

rdb

How do you rotate the crystal? I have just bought a basic watch tools kit, and im new to this watch construction. Haha. Still a lot to learn. Ill check on the etched crown position first