• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SOH II from GF is out!!

wags

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/17
or anyone that is interested, here is the bracelet combination that I'm very happy with, works great and is very comfortable.

Staib 22mm 2784 (130-150mm to suite my 6.75 inch wrist) - 4.9mm thickness

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Stai...20704apb-p.htm

20mm NEW High Quality Men Women Stainless Steel Watch Band Strap Buckle Silver Deployment Clasp for Breitling Band

https://www.dhgate.com/product/jawod...404800073.html

Clasp needed a tiny bit of adjustment with pliers (and cloth!) to make it perfect.

Cheers, Wags

iu

iu

Last edited:

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
could you please share the specific link of this to order? thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucy does not have a website. Her email is [email protected] asking for Polished Breitling Deployment by AN Factory or use this Intime link.
https://www.intime03.co/breitling/4658-genuine-breitling-deployant-clasp.html
The strap was bought on eBay. The seller is: time-trader-no1
Item description: Genuine New Breitling Black Aero Classic Caoutchouc Deployment Strap 22-20m
https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Genuine...sid=m570.l1313

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Lucy does not have a website. Her email is [email protected] asking for Polished Breitling Deployment by AN Factory.
The strap was bought on eBay. The seller is: time-trader-no1
Item description: Genuine New Breitling Black Aero Classic Caoutchouc Deployment Strap 22-20m
https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Genuin...rap+22-20m&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

The deployment is on intime site...but they are describing it as genuine Breitling but it is the same one.

Reactions: vcappp

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Naah, seems like My Rolex Arf Daytona buy was a miss, I would have needed one of the blue Superoceans instead. How does the size of the Superocean II compares to Daytona? I just feel Daytona is too small for me...

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
sunnydale at 42mm it feels way bigger than the Daytona and also is quite a tall watch. I also like Daytonas but when I'm wearing them they just feel too tiny. The SOH II is a keeper.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Best waiting for GF mesh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
The mesh on Trusty won't fit the 42mm. For the price, the Staib is looking good :)

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
The mesh on Trusty won't fit the 42mm. For the price, the Staib is looking good :)
I went Staib and it is a great fit and look. Interesting though that it is just barely too long on my 6.75" wrist with all links out.

Reactions: leo6929

wags

3/11/17
I went Staib and it is a great fit and look. Interesting though that it is just barely too long on my 6.75" wrist with all links out.

My Staib 22mm 2784 (130-150mm to suite my 6.75 inch wrist) fits fantastic, it's not adjustable so you have to get the correct size. The micro adjustment on the clasp fines tunes everything perfectly.

Great combo with the SOH II!

Reactions: leo6929

michelesanctis

Known Member
17/9/17
Cardiff, UK
Compared to my gen SOHII with blue dial, the rep is a bit too blue. I'd say it might even look better because of that, but gen is less blue than older SOH and more blue/gunmetal. Thing is that the gen can be had for pretty good money on eBay (nice examples at £1000 less than in AD are sold from time to time) and it'd be worth investing in one especially as movement is really good.

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
Miyota 9015 is a very reliable movement and of course you can manual wind it. There is a lot of belief that manual winding should be avoided which is false. Of course you shouldn't be winding the watch for 10 minutes straight but winding it manually for 20-30 turns won't harm the movement. This is usually a discussion on Gen forums started by people shitting their pants having purchased an expensive watch.

Even if you do it for 10 minutes it's not a big deal. There is a glissade in the mainspring barrel that allows the the spring to slip at full wind. You may cause a teeny bit of extra wear in the barrel, but when you service the watch, we usually throw the whole barrel out and replace it.

The real reason we'll tell people to lay off manual winding is wear to the threads on the crown & tube on divers, and even just screwing the thing back on tight. Most people are not careful when they start the threads, and have a heavy hand. Lots of people will just leave their crown unscrewed "because it's easier to set." I have serviced many expensive divers that had water in them because of this. People are often angry when you tell them that even though their watch cost 15k dollars and is rated to 500m they have to keep theircrown screwed in for that to apply.
So, we usually tell people to mess with it as little as possible. If you are careful and don't have gorilla-like motor skills, there's nothing wrong with manual winding a watch with a screw-down crown. Use a light touch, and start the crown threading by rotating backward with very light pressure until you feel a light click. That's the start of your thread. Maintain that light pressure and screw it in the right direction. If you do that every time, your crown and tube will last a long, long time.

Use that method especially with watches with a (solid) gold crown to minimize wear.

Last edited:

Heisemberg

Horology Curious
1/2/15
Or you could just go gen!

It's an option, but the cheap gen Breitling Mesh I have seen cost 550€...
If you ad mesh, watch and Taka AR, you are near one half gen watch.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
or anyone that is interested, here is the bracelet combination that I'm very happy with, works great and is very comfortable.

Staib 22mm 2784 (130-150mm to suite my 6.75 inch wrist) - 4.9mm thickness

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Stai...20704apb-p.htm

20mm NEW High Quality Men Women Stainless Steel Watch Band Strap Buckle Silver Deployment Clasp for Breitling Band

https://www.dhgate.com/product/jawod...404800073.html

Clasp needed a tiny bit of adjustment with pliers (and cloth!) to make it perfect.

Cheers, Wags

iu

iu

Thanks for the help finding the Staib mesh bracelet. It arrived today and I installed the two button Breitling deployment clasp on the bracelet. It took a while but was installed without any mods. Just needed to use a good quality spring bar tool. Now I wait for the watch to arrive.

Last edited:

wags

3/11/17
Thanks for the help finding the Staib mesh bracelet. It arrived today and I installed the two button Breitling deployment clasp on the bracelet. It took a while but was installed without any mods. Just needed to use a good quality spring bar tool. Now I wait for the watch to arrive.

Fantastic, I did the same. Got the bracelet first then the watch. It made it doubly good to receive the watch and then pimp it out. Enjoy and upload some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk