• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So... what's your next Omega?

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
I'd buy this one immediately if there were a good rep available. This is by far the nicest Omega GMT. Well... Clive's (and Puggy's) Bond version is excellent too... but this would offer more variation for me. The new ones come with the "Speedy" band... but it's much nicer with the Bond bracelet (imho)

50963-10.jpg

50963-1.jpg

WatchDude13

Renowned Member
3/11/06
I think it is gonna be the SMP Chrono or the 39mm Railmaster in SS. I too have a 6.5" wrist and the XXL is gonna be too big (I think).

1.jpg

OMG0043_2.JPG

jsph

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/06
yup... the gen. black gmt is amazing. a friend just got one a few weeks back.

but you'd think if they could produce a good one of these, it would be even easier to produce a good 2254.50.

for instance, what the hell are they thinking creating the ridiculous metal applied-marker dials you see for these? (somebody saw an old, special-issue america's cup one and never looked again at the other seamaster gens?)

hm...

by-tor -- they'd listen to you, man! lobby your favorite dealers, tell them there's a proud place for them in your hall-of-fame omega buying guide!

jsph

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
It would be nice if they listened to me... but I seriously doubt it. :) However it can't be a coincidence that lots of members have requested several watches (I have started a few threads too) and the factories have answered the bell: Omega SMP Chrono (awesome), Breitling Chronomat EVO (excellent), Hublot Big Band (looks very promising), and now we finally got almost perfect 45mm PO. But now the members started complaining about the weak AR. Nobody complained about the lack of AR 6 months ago.

I have my PO 4th on my wrist now, and besides the clasp this rep is freaking awesome. The lack of AR is only visible when you put it side-by-side with the genuine... and in certain lighting. True... the blue tint won't show in the pictures but it's not as apparent when you have the watch on your wrist. There IS some kind of AR on the watch, just not that strong.

I've been wanting a rep of the black GMT for ages. Andrew has one rather good looking GMT with Asian movement... but when members have received their copy the watch had a white datewheel... insted of black that's shown in the picture. The minute hand is short but it wouldn't bother me, personally.

OMG0019A_1.JPG

This watch is an older model, so I'm not sure if the factories want to do it anymore. But all the new reps that have surfaced lately have been excellent. People's exceptations have raised too... bad reps simply won't sell here. The black SMP rep isn't as good as the Bond, but I don't think it's THAT bad... have you seen HighDef's version?

We can only hope that we'll see these 2 classic Omegas repped properly. I'd be happy with the watch that shown in the Andrew's picture. Too bad the sales pics are deceiving... the watch comes with white datewheel. :(

GEJester

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/07
I want my next watch to be a two tone Constellation Double Eagle. The only problem is, I CAN'T FIND ONE. If someone can point me in the right direction, I would be gratefull!

Jester

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
I just posted this in another thread - but I would love one of these...

28945291.gif

RB

Pix

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Hi,
I have chosen this one :

The Speedmaster SS black Broad Arrow.

I just don't know if I'll take the 7750 version, which is closer to the gen, or the one with "Lemania" hand-winding movement, which By-Tor has reviewed. Less accurate, but much more sexy !
It will be my first purchase over 200 dollars. Hope it will be the right one...
:!:

Pix

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Hi again,
I was about to order this morning. But the modell with Lemania hand-winding movement does not exist anymore, at least on TT... :( :(
Has anyone an idea where to source it ?
Thanks.

sportsterrider

Horology Curious
8/1/07
I'm looking to get a SMP to compliment the SMP Chrono I picked up from Flavor Flav. After that, I may start looking at the PO's a little closer - they're starting to grow on me!

SR