• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So what prompted this change in Supporting Vendor nomenclature?

umblackbear359

28/4/15
So what prompted this change in VIP/Supporter nomenclature?

I'm in complete support of the breakout of the VIP designation into VIP and Supporter nomenclature. I think it's more clear what the actual contribution to the forum has been. It has left me wondering, what events lead to this change? Was it a long build up? Was it one outrageous event that served as "the straw that broke the camels back"?

I don't live on the sales threads these days, so I missed the fireworks. If someone could put some links out, I'd be interested to see the buildup for entertainment sake. Everyone loves a good drama!

Phil G

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
I'm in complete support of the breakout of the VIP designation into VIP and Supporting Vendor nomenclature. I think it's more clear what the actual contribution to the forum has been. It has left me wondering, what events lead to this change? Was it a long build up? Was it one outrageous event that served as "the straw that broke the camels back"?

I don't live on the sales threads these days, so I missed the fireworks. If someone could put some links out, I'd be interested to see the buildup for entertainment sake. Everyone loves a good drama!

I might be wrong but I think some VIP's were under the impression the status gave them some sort of authority on here. like a badge of honour.

As far as I see it we're paying a yearly fee to enjoy one of the best informative Forums on the Internet. Where else could you learn so much for so little.

Good luck, Phil :smile:

dragonman4

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/13
Big Apple
Haha same here. Just took a look and noticed it changed to supporter. I'm thinking the same as Phil that a few bad apples thought the VIP title made them think they could do whatever they wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
Not 'everyone loves a little drama'. I hate it, consequently, I don't watch a lot of TV.

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
I think it was small reform taken by staffers here after increasing incidents of new VIPs acting as they stood above everyone else.

Attitude problems as well as some buying VIP status just to make quick fraudulent sales.

Some of these cases were utterly idiotic beyond belief or outright criminal.

So it seems Admin have decided to reserve the VIP status for those who 'deserve' to be looked up upon, rewarded by recommendations among staffers or general consensus. VIP = Legend I guess.

The rest of us will be called by either job titles (Admin, Moderators, TD or SV), supporters or no titles at all. LOL

p.s: I like 'Wankers' as new title for non supporting newbies. LOL

umblackbear359

28/4/15
I think it was small reform taken by staffers here after increasing incidents of new VIPs acting as they stood above everyone else.

Attitude problems as well as some buying VIP status just to make quick fraudulent sales.

Some of these cases were utterly idiotic beyond belief or outright criminal.

So it seems Admin have decided to reserve the VIP status for those who 'deserve' to be looked up upon, rewarded by recommendations among staffers or general consensus. VIP = Legend I guess.

The rest of us will be called by either job titles (Admin, Moderators, TD or SV), supporters or no titles at all. LOL

p.s: I like 'Wankers' as new title for non supporting newbies. LOL

I thought hall of fame badges were to recognize legends, no?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
TB said they'd be changing to VIP/Supporter and a lot of the VIPS would be coming back. It just will take a little time.

whoknows

13/9/13
Glad to see that I made Supporter status. No matter what my status maybe, I still enjoy this forum and the people.

Oh by the way, mydnytrydr, your photo avatar has to be the best one I've seen in quite a while.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
The Nut Bra.....brilliant. I need one. I swear

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
You guys have it about right, a pack of self entitled idiots prompted the change.
VIP badges will be handed out as staff see fit just as soon as our tech guru works it into the subscription system.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Additionally,

As it stands now, there is very little that would differentiate a true VIP (based on their non-monetary contributions) from those who so graciously support the forum monetarily. Both are valuable but we want to go above and beyond to those who do the same for the sake of the community.