• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So I was at my local Rolex AD (BenBridge Jeweler) and....

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
The sales woman tried to sell rolex to me as only 1 in 3 brands that do all in house work for their watches... the other two being patek and cartier

face fuckn :facepalm:

I asked her what about audemars piguet, vacheron constantin, alange. She said they didnt make all in house and that rolex was best.

I looked at her and walked out of the store.

:facepalm:

D

d4m.test

You forgot about Tag Heuer and their full line of Calibre in house movements. Very impressive. The AD gave me a big spiel about Tag Heuer's custom movements a little while ago. I was very impressed. A Tag Heuer AD has to know what they're talking about, right? Right?

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
Typical AD sales people. As a watchmaker, I've always hated dealing with them because they feed so much BS.

Luthier

30/9/09
Cwazy, sell her your noob 21j for $4,000. She'd bite it.

smokiedabong

22/8/12
If I buy something of value, I already know what I'm buying. I don't care about what the salesman has to say, he's there just to intermediate the transaction and negotiate the price.

cwazy1

29/2/12
well its in a fairly wealthy area where people will walk in and get a rolex if they're really persuaded well.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Try telling TAG AD that thier inhouse mvmt is a seiko.

Sent from 1:1 app mad with a gen Tapatalk as sample.

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
You forgot about Tag Heuer and their full line of Calibre in house movements. Very impressive. The AD gave me a big spiel about Tag Heuer's custom movements a little while ago. I was very impressed. A Tag Heuer AD has to know what they're talking about, right? Right?

It's not Tag's fault. :bored:

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
Some people. People at the Tag AD where I got my watch we're pretty nonsense and just let me try whatever I wanted on and then just rang up my watch when I picked it out.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Instead of walking out, ask for the store manager. I take great pleasure in embarrassing people who are full of shit.

cwazy1

29/2/12
I wanted to, but I was spending the weekend with my folks, so I didnt want them to get tangled into that..

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
I went to a Hermes shop and was VERY impressed by the knowledge of the sales guy. I assume their training is quite superior.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
The sales woman tried to sell rolex to me as only 1 in 3 brands that do all in house work for their watches.......... She said they didnt make all in house and that rolex was best.

:biglaugh: Classic ignorance. I would have shown her this.

images

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
I went to a Hermes shop and was VERY impressed by the knowledge of the sales guy. I assume their training is quite superior.

LV salespeople tend to be knowledgeable as well.

Guess it depends on the store and the brand. My dad and I recently went to look at a Lexus RX and the salesperson said his wife had one but couldn't explain basic features on the car. I really don't understand how hard it is to know what you are selling.

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
The retail world would be a better place if we all had salesmen like Al
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9a2HJusAx8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
A couple of AD that i visit to check some watches back then, in the end
all they said is the same....
"THIS IS THE LAST PIECE, U WON'T BE ABLE TO FIND IT ANYWHERE ELSE"
wtf is that bs, i can find the exact watches in other AD shopping mall right across this mall.

"hence, if this is the last piece and u can't guarantee availability for this watch if sold soon in near future i guess i can surely get them in my TD"

:bananalama: :nuke:

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
A lot of them are assholes too. I emailed the local Rolex AD to see if I could get a catalog and they told me to look at the watches on the website. They could have just said they don't give out catalogs.

Pamtastic

Renowned Member
31/1/13
Man, if you ever want to hear the cheesiest, least knowledgable salesmen in the world spout BS at you, go to a tourneau shop. I actually had one salesman there tell me the black steel SA was an "tourneau only special edition" and couldn't be purchased anywhere else. It was such a preposterous claim I didn't know how to respond.
Cwazy, if I had been in your shoes I would have, at the very least, told her she's completely wrong before walking out. It's one thing for a tourneau dealer to spout some BS (those guys are one level below used car salesmen), but for an employee at a rolex AD to say that is just unprofessional and irresponsible IMO.