• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So has anyone been able to score an AP Ceramic Diver 15707?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I just might have to go with the CF diver as a replacement- a superior watch in materials, but I always had a true appreciation for that bright orange and brushed ceramic case..

The forged carbon material was discontinued by AP in favor of ceramic given the inconsistency in waterproof ability and also the softness of the edges. The FC edges tend to deform and chip after some time and the watch looks chewed up. Just look at the FC GPs on Chrono24. Lots of evidence. This was also why some FC GP have the FC bezels replaced with ceramic ones.

Ceramic is the superior material when it comes to waterproof capability, hardness, scratch resistance and resilience. This is also reflected in the price of the ceramic/partial ceramic models which are always priced higher than the FC and steel/titanium models but of course below the gold models. Ceramic is however prone to cracking once you drop it or subject it to sharp impacts. I’ve seen this happen on a 26400 panda bezel belonging to a friend after he hit the watch on a wall accidentally. So it’s not bulletproof too.

The FC diver is lighter and of course the marbling is beautiful to look at. I personally prefer the look of FC cases but will never buy one again given my negative experiences with my gen FC diver and GP in the past. I’ll go for the ceramic cases/bezel models for the scratch and marring resistance it affords.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The forged carbon material was discontinued by AP in favor of ceramic given the inconsistency in waterproof ability and also the softness of the edges. The FC edges tend to deform and chip after some time and the watch looks chewed up. Just look at the FC GPs on Chrono24. Lots of evidence. This was also why some FC GP have the FC bezels replaced with ceramic ones.

Ceramic is the superior material when it comes to waterproof capability, hardness, scratch resistance and resilience. This is also reflected in the price of the ceramic/partial ceramic models which are always priced higher than the FC and steel/titanium models but of course below the gold models. Ceramic is however prone to cracking once you drop it or subject it to sharp impacts. I’ve seen this happen on a 26400 panda bezel belonging to a friend after he hit the watch on a wall accidentally. So it’s not bulletproof too.

The FC diver is lighter and of course the marbling is beautiful to look at. I personally prefer the look of FC cases but will never buy one again given my negative experiences with my gen FC diver and GP in the past. I’ll go for the ceramic cases/bezel models for the scratch and marring resistance it affords.

Couldn't have said it better. The legend speaking complete wisdom, as always. :qtip2:

Reactions: legend

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Myth has it that there are two things which never sleep:

1. Citibank
2. Quetip

I don’t know about Citibank but I think the second is definitely true bro. :hehehe:

Lol! Definitely 2 brother. :qtip:

Reactions: legend