• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Skyland Avenger v4 short review

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Breitling Skyland Avenger H-Factory v4

Model: Skyland Avenger
Movement: A7750
Maker: H-Factory
Dealer: Hont

This was my first "high grade" rep, bought a couple of months after joining this great community. It was a recent release then, and it looked beautiful. At first I was a bit worried about the a7750 movement, but after some reading in the tech section I was confident enough to try it. This was also the first watch I bought from Hont, who has then become my favourite dealer. I must admit I did not do my research with this and initially choose another version from his website. When I placed the order he advised me to buy this instead, I trusted him and did the right thing :)

Before I start the review I want to thank PolonusTM for his great comparison between the different versions of this watch. It's a very in depth review and can be found here.

Gen for comparison:

CASE

The case is fully polished, with the exception of the front side of the bezel, which is brushed.
The shape looks to me exactly the same as gen, even the lugs shape is indistinguishable from what I've seen.

This is the only version available with the correct shape of "1" in numbers "10" and "15" on the bezel. I think this is an evident flaw in other versions, and a deal breaker for me.

As you can see, the "B" on the side of the bezel is engraved, though not perfectly defined, and not laser etched as in other versions.

The crown and pushers are very well made, clear and deep engravings, and perfect shape.

Between the lugs you can see the number that indicates the date of production, unluckily it states the watch has been produced in week 49 of 2016 :facepalm:

DIAL

The dial is what sold me on this watch: the embossed numbers pop up from the dial giving it a third dimension, the subdials are stunning, and the grey color is simply amazing.
On this rep it's very well executed, only two details are not perfect: the embossing of numbers is not as sharp as you can see in gen and the lume dots are not always evenly applied. Both these flaws can be seen only with a loupe or in a macro pic, you almost cannot see them with the naked eye.
Otherwise the detail of this dial is incredible, the printed words are perfectly crisp, the sub dials have a greatly defined texture, the date window is cut sharp. The date wheel font looks spot on to me.

The sapphire crystal comes with an impressive double AR, a bit blueish, the effect is great.

CASEBACK

Caseback is closed on this watch. The rep shows the correct engravings as far as I can tell. They are also very deeply engraved. Only difference is the font used for the model number is taller than gen.

BRACELET

The ss bracelet is fully polished and is a really "blingy" thing. Some like it, some don't and prefer the leather strap. I have both and switch between the two depending on my mood.
It is very well made and gives a great feeling, heavy and smooth. The polished surfaces attracts scratches like a magnet though :)
Every single bit of the bracelet is linked to the others by a system of tubes and screws. The filth you see in this pic comes directly from China, this link was removed the day I got the watch:

Regarding the links, they don't screw in perfectly flush with the bracelet and this is the only flaw of the bracelet IMHO. Not very noticeable anyway.

The clasp is also well done, it closes firmly and has the wings logo and the words "breitling 1884" deeply engraved.

Leather strap buckle

CONCLUSIONS

Very minor flaws that are hardly noticeable on this watch, very well repped and almost perfect straight out of the box.

Some more shots:

Lume:

And wristie:

As usual any comments or additions are welcome, feel free to point out any inaccuracies and I will update the review accordingly :)

:cheers:

designerpickups

16/10/13
Ahh you beat me to it. I just got mine today and attended a wedding instead of writing my review.

This watch is a beauty! Wear it in good health.

Here's mine...

20140419_191124_zps76aca32c.jpg

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
Wonderful review mate.....and great pics. Looks lovely (although i do think the bracelet is a bit shiny shiny lol) Looks great on the leather tho', just my preference. Thanks for the great review.

JDR

Known Member
19/10/11
Thanks for the fantastic review. I'll be coming back to it often for inspiration.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Ahh you beat me to it. I just got mine today and attended a wedding instead of writing my review.

This watch is a beauty! Wear it in good health.

Here's mine...

20140419_191124_zps76aca32c.jpg

Some would say a wedding is far more important than a review. Usually a wife :D
Great choice, I'll wear mine to the best, do the same with yours!

Wonderful review mate.....and great pics. Looks lovely (although i do think the bracelet is a bit shiny shiny lol) Looks great on the leather tho', just my preference. Thanks for the great review.

TBH I wear it on leather most of the times, but the bracelet is killer on a sunny day!

Thanks for the fantastic review. I'll be coming back to it often for inspiration.

Thanks mate, really happy you liked it :)

kylehustonvw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/10
Thank you for this review. Might be just what i needed to pull the trigger and pick it up

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Great review - i bought two of these for friends and both have been great.

1 thing to recommend is to give the bracelet a good bath overnight in baby oil. Then wash each individual piece gently to get rid of all that gunk and grime. Result will be a much better looking and feeling bracelet!

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks guys and thanks Ruski91 for your advice, will try :)

designerpickups

16/10/13

1 thing to recommend is to give the bracelet a good bath overnight in baby oil. Then wash each individual piece gently to get rid of all that gunk and grime. Result will be a much better looking and feeling bracelet!

Thanks guys and thanks Ruski91 for your advice, will try :)

I gave mine a bath in Rock'n'Roll dry lube followed by a soapy luke-warm bath. Highly recommended.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU

Yes indeed.
I've done this a few years ago. Feels like gen afterwards. ;-)

bonesy

9/4/14
Great review mate and amazing photo's slowly getting though all the reviews, narrowing down which to get B01,Skyland or superocean abyss chrono thanks again.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Great review mate and amazing photo's slowly getting though all the reviews, narrowing down which to get B01,Skyland or superocean abyss chrono thanks again.

FYI the B01 looks thinner on the wrist, I would say a bit more elegant. The Abyss is the more sporty and the skyland is in the middle.
Hope this helps you choose, if not then get all of them! :D

bonesy

9/4/14
FYI the B01 looks thinner on the wrist, I would say a bit more elegant. The Abyss is the more sporty and the skyland is in the middle.
Hope this helps you choose, if not then get all of them! :D

Thanks for that think i'm going to go for the skyland as you say it's in the middle, but I know what will happen i'll get 1 then after a week i'll think should of gone for the other lol.Think I'll have to get all three over the coming months ha ( what she doesn't know wont hurt her) anyway thanks for that mate good to know the B01 looks thinner, more of a dressy watch. Great reviews by the way:notworthy: slowly getting through your rolex ones now, really helping me out .