• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Showed a Rolex Dealer my Noob V4 Daytona!

Samgobigs

11/2/20
I’m not defending the OP, but can someone accurately and confidently determine if a watch is a rep or gen in this situation?

The sales guy was probably looking at this watch at arms length and not under a 10x loupe. I’d make a guess that he probably only looked at it for 5-10seconds at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRNOOB

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/19
I’m not defending the OP, but can someone accurately and confidently determine if a watch is a rep or gen in this situation?

The sales guy was probably looking at this watch at arms length and not under a 10x loupe. I’d make a guess that he probably only looked at it for 5-10seconds at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, if you are not an expert of the model in question and if you do not have access to the movement, it is "almost" impossible to detect a gen from a high-end TD...

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Sales reps don’t care what you’re wearing. Real / fake / whatever it is - they just don’t give a shit. Period. Most of them are on a lousy wage anyway and the only clock they are interested in - regardless of whatever small talk they may make - is the one telling them when they can go home. The overthinking about this is cringe inducing.

Last edited: