• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show us your wine (and watches are welcome too !)

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Had this yesterday:
I was eyeing a syrah, or anything likewise powerful and bodied to go along with a tomahawk. This was my first « serious » californian wine, and my gosh ! what a first.

The nose, noteworthy, was full of ripe red fruits and had a difficult to define, smoky vegetal almost green notes.

Very impressed by the balance of the wine. Having 15%, I was expecting the knock of the alcohol, and I have to say I never felt it. It’s completely hidden behind the perfect balance of bitterness and the sour notes of the red grapes and pepperoni.

Finale is very long and bitter.

Wow !!!

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Just found out about this thread, and as a "français amateur de bons vins et de bonnes tables" it talks to my second hobby beside watches : wines.

Mas du Soleilla, geographical indication La Clape, south of France, close to spain border. Domain closed sadly.
Those are intense, solar, ruby-bloody red wines, with pepper and a strong presence on the tongue. Long aftertaste once swallowed, great wines with beef or strong meats.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Just found out about this thread, and as a "français amateur de bons vins et de bonnes tables" it talks to my second hobby beside watches : wines.

Mas du Soleilla, geographical indication La Clape, south of France, close to spain border. Domain closed sadly.
Those are intense, solar, ruby-bloody red wines, with pepper and a strong presence on the tongue. Long aftertaste once swallowed, great wines with beef or strong meats.

Nice ! What cépages ? Syrah/Grenache ?

Reactions: mrsullivan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
zbcEki.jpg

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Hum, nice and renowned domain in St Estephe 😛. How was that 2019 ?
It’s amazing value for money. However it need to decant for 4-5 hours to reach its maximum potential. I enjoyed it immensely.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
It’s amazing value for money. However it need to decant for 4-5 hours to reach its maximum potential. I enjoyed it immensely.
I guess it needed it yes, 2019 is quite young, but those Phelan Segur are very well made and balanced wines. No doubt you enjoyed that gem 👍.

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Going New World with a California red
Rate : 5/10

zxnvQi.jpg

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
is it gen wine only? mind if I post some reps ?
I ordered a bottle of Mouton Rothschild 1989 in a Ningbo restaurant pre covid. Clearly a REP but tasted delicious. Even the labels looked authentic. I wonder how they do it. I paid like $ 250.

I asked to buy a bottle to go but " no have, no can do, please leave"

Reactions: wisedennis

wisedennis

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
I ordered a bottle of Mouton Rothschild 1989 in a Ningbo restaurant pre covid. Clearly a REP but tasted delicious. Even the labels looked authentic. I wonder how they do it. I paid like $ 250.

I asked to buy a bottle to go but " no have, no can do, please leave"

Was in Manhattan downtown, saw a bottle of wine in a very good price ; I was gonna pay in the cashier , I said it’s a very good price, Is it Gen ? And then they smiled in a friendly way. I read their body language.

Reactions: johnlogan