• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

HolyGrail12

Do not accept unsolicited offers
31/10/21
Can someone help me verify of this is a legit TC? Seller told me he added these parts:

TC Sub 16610LN V6 (2824 Elabore movement)
gen parts: bezel inlay, clickspring, crystal no ar/lec, gasket and crown.

Reactions: Art Vandelay

Mjh2k4

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
31/7/24
Southeast England
So I get the beauty of the TC subs and like everyone am all in on having one. But nearly a decade on, how do you all think they stack up against the VSF etc now? I'm probably not as discerning as some of you guys but the gulf in class from this thread and what you see from others in that time period to now has definitely reduced right?

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
So I get the beauty of the TC subs and like everyone am all in on having one. But nearly a decade on, how do you all think they stack up against the VSF etc now? I'm probably not as discerning as some of you guys but the gulf in class from this thread and what you see from others in that time period to now has definitely reduced right?
TC made 5 digit subs.
VSF are 6 digits.

Reactions: Art Vandelay

Mjh2k4

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
31/7/24
Southeast England
Yeah I get that. I'm talking more about just relative. It's subjective I know. But there's also no group of people more qualified than a number of you to have an opinion.

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Yeah I get that. I'm talking more about just relative. It's subjective I know. But there's also no group of people more qualified than a number of you to have an opinion.
I have both TCs and VSFs/CFs.
I like them both for different reasons.

Admittedly the 5 digits get more attention as they, to me anyway, have a kinda class to them, older, lighter.
The 6 digits have a heft to them, ya certainly know they're there ;)

Gonna tag a man who is known to have "quite a few" subs & is also way more articulate than me ;)

@p0pperini - care to drop some wisdom on us ✍️

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

TC sub hunter
Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/3/23
Pre ceramic era 🇬🇧
TC built his subs using components he selected from different factories. Each iteration drew closer and closer to gen. He was driven by passion to create the perfect 5 digit rep.

VSF are a large factory by comparison and mass produce multiple references across many brands.

snaes

➡️ WTB TC yachtmaster in EU ⬅️
Supporter
Certified
4/4/22
EU
h6BML1.jpeg

Finally got lucky 😇

snaes

Supporter
Certified
4/4/22
EU
Congrats!

Thanks! It's my first pre ceramic sub, so I was worried a little about the bracelet and how it compared to the newer ones.

While there is no doubt in my mind that glidelock and the new clasp is phenomenal, this still has that charm of old, akin to the Gullwing. And what I actually do appreciate, despite loving heavy watches, is that it feels almost like a Pelagos in weight. The rattle worried me as well, but it's actually pretty nice and, dare I say, pleasing. So that combined with the better design of the watch head (especially over the 116610) this is definitely a must in any collection, if possible 😇

Last edited:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Thanks! It's my first pre ceramic sub, so I was worried a little about the bracelet and how it compared to the newer ones.

While there is no doubt in my mind that glidelock and the new clasp is phenomenal, this still has that charm of old, akin to the Gullwing. And what I actually do appreciate, despite loving heavy watches, is that it feels almost like a Pelagos in weight. The rattle worried me as well, but it's actually pretty nice and, dare I say, pleasing. So that combined with the better design of the watch head (especially over the 116610) this is definitely a must in any collection, if possible 😇
Great summary. I commit blasphemy and put glidelocks on a lot of my 5 digits :) It is so much easier.

snaes

Supporter
Certified
4/4/22
EU
Great summary. I commit blasphemy and put glidelocks on a lot of my 5 digits :) It is so much easier.

That's actually a great idea, I might join you in the blasphemy and at least to try it out, are any factories' glidelock clasps directly compatible with it? :)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
That's actually a great idea, I might join you in the blasphemy and at least to try it out, are any factories' glidelock clasps directly compatible with it? :)
Any 6 digit glidelock should do. The bracelet dimensions for the 116*** and the 166** are the same. The links are 16mm at the clasp if I remember correctly.

Reactions: snaes