• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

k0hr

Horology Curious
3/1/20
I hope this isn't off topic completely.

However, do any you guys in the USA have a trusted watch smith you'd send your TC sub to?

I'm browsing the actual watch smith section, but having difficulty selecting someone. It seems a lot of reviews are old, and many of new members, etc.

Anyways.

My Fraken TC sub V6 hasn't ran in years. I took it the other day to a local guy who originally installed my crown, and crystal 10 years ago or more.

They just called me, so I'm thinking they're working on it. The woman on the phone tells me my watch isn't worth repairing, and I should buy another. I said to this woman, I simply want to know what a movement overhaul costs. She hangs up, calls me back, "We charge $600 for a Rolex movement overhaul," I tell her it's an ETA movement, not a 3135.

They worked on the watch like I said 10, or so years ago, and now years later wanna get c0cky with "Rolex" prices for an ETA repair.

So again does anyone have recommendations for TRUSTED watch smiths, who they'd feel safe sending their watch to in the USA?

Thank you.

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS

However, do any you guys in the USA have a trusted watch smith you'd send your TC sub to?

I'm browsing the actual watch smith section, but having difficulty selecting someone. It seems a lot of reviews are old, and many of new members, etc.

Anyways.

My Fraken TC sub V6 hasn't ran in years. I took it the other day to a local guy who originally installed my crown, and crystal 10 years ago or more.

They just called me, so I'm thinking they're working on it. The woman on the phone tells me my watch isn't worth repairing, and I should buy another. I said to this woman, I simply want to know what a movement overhaul costs. She hangs up, calls me back, "We charge $600 for a Rolex movement overhaul," I tell her it's an ETA movement, not a 3135.

They worked on the watch like I said 10, or so years ago, and now years later wanna get c0cky with "Rolex" prices for an ETA repair.

So again does anyone have recommendations for TRUSTED watch smiths, who they'd feel safe sending their watch to in the USA?

Thank you.
Hit Katt up

Reactions: k0hr

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland

Anyways.

Thank you.
Also @watchservicesny has a lot of experience of working on TCs.

Reactions: k0hr

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/10/09
Kon6JE.jpeg

KonmlX.jpeg

I don't wear it as much as I thought I would, but I definitely enjoy it when I do!