• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Should I reject QC? Views pls!

zzmonster

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/23
Batur
My TD sent me these photos of Tudor BB Red. The crooked 9 marker caught my eye straight away. Just wanna seek views here before I respond to my TD, to make sure that I'm not being paranoid and that it is within reason to reject QC.

• Haha
Reactions: jp3007_1 and Cicero

PRS

Known Member
12/6/23
TR
do not know the tool see it very often lately but in your case, no need for a tool the alignment is not at what it should be… I think this must also be an issue for the TD, and Im really wondering which TD this is…

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
do not know the tool see it very often lately but in your case, no need for a tool the alignment is not at what it should be… I think this must also be an issue for the TD, and Im really wondering which TD this is…
Not sure what the TD has to do with this. Do you blame the AD when they sell a Tudor with this same issue ?

zzmonster

6/6/23
Batur
Not sure what the TD has to do with this. Do you blame the AD when they sell a Tudor with this same issue ?
Agree that we shouldn't be blaming the TD (which I'm not!). Have conveyed the crooked 9 marker nicely to my TD, for them to resolve with ZF. Fingers crossed for a favourable outcome 😊

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Youtube Rage GIF by Wayne

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
I might have given this a proper look but was immediately put off by the second pic with those dreaded lines all over the place

Reactions: Rx4Time and Raddave

thefallacy

False Dichotomy
Patron
Certified
16/6/15
That marker is indeed off, you dont need the lines to see that!
I would reject it, unless you are in a hurry and have a good watchsmith near you who can straighten that up for you

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
sigh....remember the black bay has a domed crystal which will cause visual artifacts. The marker is fine. Accept and enjoy. Below is my genuine Black Bay GMT. Should I complain to Tudor as the reddit tool makes my markers look off?

Screenshot_20230628-2331309b3261ccf43690d1.png

I absolutely despise that reddit tool. It has almost zero utility.

PRS

Known Member
12/6/23
TR
For me there is nothing to blame, but to put it right (in my perspective) the TD should see this issue upfront, don't you think? For me, this isn't a normal situation.... In my view, the situation is more like this; "the product that came to me is really terrible, but let's send the QC, maybe my customer won't notice..." What should happen is the TD should turn to the customer and say, "Such a product has arrived, but it seems kind a faulty, maybe not a biggie. If it doesn't bother you, I'll send this product, otherwise, you need to give me time for a new product... etc. etc."
Isn't that the point of being a TD? In my view, a TD should be someone who stands by me in unmissable details, am I wrong? The issue is not to blame anyone, but a Tudor dealer should also not try to sell me a product if there is a problem with it (of course, in my opinion).

Reactions: notAreplicant

notAreplicant

21/6/19
For me there is nothing to blame, but to put it right (in my perspective) the TD should see this issue upfront, don't you think? For me, this isn't a normal situation.... In my view, the situation is more like this; "the product that came to me is really terrible, but let's send the QC, maybe my customer won't notice..." What should happen is the TD should turn to the customer and say, "Such a product has arrived, but it seems kind a faulty, maybe not a biggie. If it doesn't bother you, I'll send this product, otherwise, you need to give me time for a new product... etc. etc."
Isn't that the point of being a TD? In my view, a TD should be someone who stands by me in unmissable details, am I wrong? The issue is not to blame anyone, but a Tudor dealer should also not try to sell me a product if there is a problem with it (of course, in my opinion).
My thoughts exactly. And yes even for gen the AD shares part of the blame in my book. Why would an AD accept a piece with a crooked marker?

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760