• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shipment's to Germany, Customs seizure. What now....

Roivster

9/2/15
Hi everybody

Sold off my Milgauss to a guy in germany through a WTB ad here.
Package has been stopped in customs, buyer is asking if we can work out a way to triangulate it in to germany.
Buyer is saying that he has to pay tax, and if so customs will open package and estimate cost, so he wants package to be returned to sender and than triangulate.
I'm worried that customs will open the package and make a counterfeit case out of this shipment.
Should i be worried, is it a lost case??

Has anyone experienced the same thing...?

I'm i about to be B..Fc'ed by German Customs??

jaegermaster

18/2/14
Hi

First of all
what is the proof you have that it is held in customs except his message?

second, inside EU there should not be any customs control/custom tax if I'm correct

GL

Roivster

9/2/15
Hi Jaegermaster

I can see by tracking that it has arrived in Germany, and not yet been delivered. It has not been any change in on tracking since 29.june.
Over the weekend the Status on tracking changed form arrived at german customs, to just arrived at destination countery. All info on tracking has disappeared on the norwegian postal tracking system, and i have never seen this before??
So fare i don't think hi is pulling my leg.

jaegermaster

18/2/14
Now, I am not an expert but it can go trough customs, just for a security scan maybe, but again .... I have a big doubt on the seizure

Roivster

9/2/15
Thanks for your reply Jeagermaster, hope you are right.
Don't want to mess with the germen customs.

frediiii

3/7/15
a german colleague was complaining to me last week that most of the german postal service is on strike and he is waiting on parcels (of any kind) for weeks now... i wouldn't be too worried.

here you can look up the most affected areas: https://www.deutschepost.de/de/s/streikinfos.html

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Roivster

9/2/15
frediiii, thanks for the update.
Hope it's sitting at customs due to strike, feel a bit more relaxed.

frediiii

3/7/15
most likely not even at customs, but in a pile of unhandled parcels in some deserted logistic center :)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Roivster

9/2/15
Well, i'm back with my question.
German custom's do have the package that's on the way to a new owner.
Buyer is telling me that he has to tell what's in the package and the value of content.
If he does not, package will be returned to sender. Return cost 43 USD.....
Well, don't care about the return cost, or how me and the buyer ends up dealing with the matter of this case.

What is bothers me is: What will the german customs do in this case???

bramvk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/15
Norway is not a member of the European Union, so no free movement of people and goods to a European Union member like Germany. Only within the European Union. Thats why they charged tax in this case.

@Rolvster, how did the story end, what did you do?

Striken

Known Member
13/7/15
They tax yes. What did you provide of information on the package? Watch for repair? Damage watch? Fake watch :) what did you put in the information tab? Gift ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk