• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Share your MONT BLANC PEN review

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
As there are SO many reps of these out there... I think a small thread where we alle share the impressions of these nice things is needed.
Please follow my example and join the reviews with pictures of the Pen (dealer or yours)... and a small impression!
Please keep the spam out ;)
So far I have bought
- Georg Solti Special Edition red Rollerball
http://www.perfectclones88.com/mbp1007- ... -1721.html
3.jpg

My impression:
It is close to the gen! Very heavy... Solid quality... good feel using it! Could not find gen refills fitting it yet... but it only tried one typ of them. Paint came off on one 1mm part... maybe I bashed it against something hard... I used it for month daily.

- Narikaas Pens:

These ones
Not good quality..nib did not write...and the black paint came off everywhere... half pen is knda yellow now lol

Not that god either... not heavy... did not screw out very good

This one is better... heavy...but the silver thing at the top spinns arund freely...also the white logo on the top is not good...dirty..

This pen from Trevor:
GREAT! GOOD logo on top... screws out good.... WOW! Best pen so far with Joshs...!
430093842.jpg

Some more pics... these pens came from Sash but I assume they are the same... (not my pics btw)
pens015.jpg

pens021.jpg

----

Please add your reviews... to stop me and others from buying crap. You see for this amount of cash on the reps... I could have owned a gen... but the last one from Trevor is as good as gen I think so I think the search was worth it... at least for the forum ;)

sweet

14/4/07
Thank you for the review!!!! Perhaps you will see mine in the upcoming future..... [second post reserved :p]

trevor2079

Renowned Member
2/5/07
Had a real nice MB I picked up while traveling in Malaysia. Didn't last more than a week on my desk before somebody stole it. Had a MB refil. Think I spent $12 for it... Should have picked up a few...

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
Hey great idea, piratedzeus.

I have not bought bought from many different dealers. I have gotten at least 10 of them though. To show pictures of them all would be hard (already gave some away as gifts), but I will try and review as well as I can.

If you look at the picture, I'll go by number. Numbers 1-8 I got all from Trevor. Some were free gifts, a couple I actually bought.

1 & 2. I got these in gold and silver (not shown). These worked well, but did not accept gen refills without modification

3. This is the latest one I got. It is VERY good. I would pass this off as gen to anyone. it writes beautifully with the refill it has in it, so I havent even tried out a gen refill yet.

4 & 5. Got these as free gifts and gave away to a friend before trying out. He likes them though, but don't really compare to gen.

6. I couldn't find the exact picture of the one I received. It looks exactly like this one except that it is solid black, no hatch pattern. This is another one I would pass off as gen. Writes great and feels just like the real thing.

7. I also gave this one away to a friend. I used it to make sure it worked, and it worked much like a bic. Not impressed by writing, but looks and feels great. I am not sure if there was a gen model that looks like this though.

8. I couldn't find the exact picture again, but it looks exactly like this (starwalker series) but it does have a hatch pattern. It is another one that I love. The mont blanc symbol is a little off, but you would have to be staring at it to find out. My wife uses this one so I haven't seen it for some time.

The last two I have, are not pictured. I got them from WBK. I got them both for $15 shipped. They aren't that great, but for the price I was happy. I had to take them apart and clean them, but when I put back together and made sure everything was snug, they work like a charm. Not a gen Mont Blanc, but better than a bic.

[/list]

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Hi,

I find your second model (replica of the Starwalker series) by far the best. But you're right, the logo is bad. There is a newer version I bought, which has a "diamond" logo insert. I find it better. That replicates the 100th anniversary version.

Your third one is a replica of the boheme series. If it looks nice and the logo is very good, that's definitely the cheapest finishing (I have an other version, from Sashwatch too) : everything looks plastic and is far too light. They should have used SS instead of plastic. All "polished" parts will scratch in a minute...

An other good rep is the series Copernicus. The only real flaw I see is an inaccurate colour of the Montblanc star.

And here some pics of my "jewels", some taken from an older thread on RWG.

The Copernicus
copernicuslu6.jpg

The Timewalker
timewalkerov3.jpg

The Boheme
stylosboheme01bj6.jpg

I also had a Montblanc Solti rep : I found it to be really crappy.

More generally, I would advise the BP or roller versions, as the fountains are never really correctly repped, due to a poor nib.
Also, if I may, I strongly advise to buy from Narikaa, as he has the best prices around. It's easy, after my latest purchase from him, I just feel I've been ripped off by the others... And personally, I would forget about the repped boxes and litterature, they smell (in all meanings) cheap...

Today I am not so convinced by rep pens the way I am for rep watches... Hopefully quality will increase.

rek001

16/3/06
Hi, in addition to loving watches I also enjoy beautiful pens that help get me through a boring workday, here's my list of rep pens.

1. MB Copernicus roller from TTK, black with silver fittings, 1.5 yr. old - large, heavy, superbly finished, takes gen refills,still enjoy after 1.5 yr. use

2. MB LeGrande BP from Narikaa, black with silver accents, large, heavy, nice finish, takes generic refills. A pleasure to hold and write.

3. MB silver Boheme with etched lines (as shown in above photo) from Sash. Nice pen, constructed of metal but a litttle lightweight, but the brass is beginning to show under the black thread where you screw the cap to shut. Eventiually this will wear away, not good. Takes gen refills.

4. New MB LeGrande RB from Narikaa, black/silver - I love the size and weight, so nice to use, nice finish except for tiny area of black lacquer missing under the silver clip, kinda ruins the effect. Gen refill doesn't fit, can't find generic, so I bought a lot of refills from Narikaa, refills write nice and dark.

5. New MB Meisterstrucke with globe pattern - nice weight and finish, but the cap doesn't post well. Posting means putting the cap on end of pen when writing. Cap sits way high and looks stupid when writing, so I don't post.

6. Single and double pen cases from Narikaa - decent, I polished them up with leather conditioner and now they look very nice.

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
I've been buying MB pens from greatwatchsale.com

The largest selection and good value and quality IMO

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
People I know this is hard, but please come up with some more informing reviews - MANY people have bought pens here from Sashwatch,Kenberg, TTK, Ruby, Trevor and Joshua.... so it is not that hard to tell me how it felt using it - with pictures smile.gif

ssalxpanerai

Renowned Member
25/10/06
I got 2 from Narika black MB Fountain pens. The paint came off very quickly. Now look like the pens are from grand-grand-grandpa. After that I have no interest in rep pen no more.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Well, I know I'm telling the same old stories, but I have the clear feeling that rep pens have not reached half of the quality level of rep watches.
I'm the one who would be ready to pay up to 100 bucks for a real good rep pen.
It's true that I'm much less confident in using my pens than my watches. Fortunately I have some backup genuine MB pens :lol:

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Received a Golden Pen and a Starwalker today - Review with pictures coming soon!

Jeff in AZ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/07
Pencil

I bought 2 pens and 2 pencils from Reg about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, both pencils have broken gone kaput. Pens are fine. Must be the pencil mechanism is more delicate.
Service and communication from Reg were very good. I have not gone back to him about the pencils because for that price- $15- they have to be considered "throwaways"
Jeff