• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shaken not stirred. Aka. Oh No!!! Not another Bond Watch Thread!!! (Pic. Heavy)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Hxj5ts.jpeg

s10ww

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
11/1/24
United Kingdom
That V6F Seamaster 300 Master Spectre edition is so good in nearly every way but there's no need for it to be nearly 15mm thick.

Reactions: C Master

Chrononymous

Ask Dr. Emmett Brown
27/12/23
I am interested in this boyo. What rep do you think would do that justice today? I noticed the wavy lines in the modern version reps seem bigger. Yours is more like the original Goldeneye watch.

1995-Golden-Eye-James-Bond-omega-seamaster-25418000.jpg

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I am interested in this boyo. What rep do you think would do that justice today? I noticed the wavy lines in the modern version reps seem bigger. Yours is more like the original Goldeneye watch.

1995-Golden-Eye-James-Bond-omega-seamaster-25418000.jpg
That is the Quartz one he wore in GoldenEye. He wore the 2531.80 automatic in the rest of the films. There have never been really good reps of the 2531.80. The "Closed Factory" was the best. I have had a few reps of this and a few frankens but I eventually ended up buying it in gen.

Chrononymous

Ask Dr. Emmett Brown
27/12/23
That is the Quartz one he wore in GoldenEye. He wore the 2531.80 automatic in the rest of the films. There have never been really good reps of the 2531.80. The "Closed Factory" was the best. I have had a few reps of this and a few frankens but I eventually ended up buying it in gen.

Ah yes, it was Quartz. I remember now. Okay, so the others are the 2531.80 automatic and not really that great. Closed factory? Interesting name. So if I was looking for the below what currently would get me somewhere close to it?

1997-Tomorrow-Never-Dies-1999-The-World-is-Not-Enough-2002-Die-Another-Day.jpg

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Okay, so the others are the 2531.80 automatic and not really that great. Closed factory? Interesting name.
The closed factory made a few reps then closed lol. So yep that is why it got its name.
So if I was looking for the below what currently would get me somewhere close to it?
Nothing close at the moment. The factories all started to focus on the new ceramic ones about five or six years ago and there were only poor copies of the 2531.80 ever since. Even they dried up about three years ago unfortunately.

The only advice i can offer is keep an eye on M2M sales here and you might be lucky. All 2531.80s have "Wave dials" and an aluminium insert with numerals like the one above. You will notice the ceramics have broader numbers on the inserts. They are good but they have thicker cases.

Chrononymous

Ask Dr. Emmett Brown
27/12/23
The closed factory made a few reps then closed lol. So yep that is why it got its name.

Nothing close at the moment. The factories all started to focus on the new ceramic ones about five or six years ago and there were only poor copies of the 2531.80 ever since. Even they dried up about three years ago unfortunately.

The only advice i can offer is keep an eye on M2M sales here and you might be lucky. All 2531.80s have "Wave dials" and an aluminium insert with numerals like the one above. You will notice the ceramics have broader numbers on the inserts. They are good but they have thicker cases.
Ah, okay, so that explains things. They changed quite a bit. I will look into one of these newer red logo ones as they seem to be plentiful on the market and maybe go gen for the ones we are discussing.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I will look into one of these newer red logo ones as they seem to be plentiful on the market

Having bought a few cheaper Omega Reps recently I can tell you that it is likely you won't be disappointed with any Omega model that doesn't have Chrono ;)

I do actually have a Speedy Apollo with Chrono, and the only time you really notice is if you use watch chrono, as the cheaper Mvt doesn't use the same subdial functionss as its gen, but me personally can live with that since it is still OK to time minutes and seconds, and I don't use them for timing anyways.