• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shaken not stirred. Aka. Oh No!!! Not another Bond Watch Thread!!! (Pic. Heavy)

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
I’m not even a huge Bond fan but I have recently purchased an Omega Seamaster Spectre having seen many photos of it on the nato strap. But since purchasing it I have always worn it on the bracelet. I’m wondering if it’s because the rep nato is of such poor quality that it’s not very comfortable. I’m just wondering whether it’s worth paying £125 for a genuine Omega nato. It is an awful lot of money for a nato especially to wear on a rep.

There are several SPECTRE reps out there - which one do you have? The NATO on the latest rep (VSF with the "clone" movement) is the best of the bunch. Personally I don't like NATO straps; I find the need to tuck it back under itself, and the fact that there are two layers of fabric under the watch itself, makes it far too bulky, especially with a watch like the SPECTRE that already wears large.

I found a two-piece fabric band with the same 5-stripe pattern and it fits much better than a NATO.

P.S.: Be advised that the pricey Omega NATO band that's sold separately does not have the 007 logo on the keeper.

Six cylinders

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/18
There are several SPECTRE reps out there - which one do you have? The NATO on the latest rep (VSF with the "clone" movement) is the best of the bunch. Personally I don't like NATO straps; I find the need to tuck it back under itself, and the fact that there are two layers of fabric under the watch itself, makes it far too bulky, especially with a watch like the SPECTRE that already wears large.

I found a two-piece fabric band with the same 5-stripe pattern and it fits much better than a NATO.

P.S.: Be advised that the pricey Omega NATO band that's sold separately does not have the 007 logo on the keeper.

You’re right cheld, I think the Spectre (mine is a VSF with the clone movement) is a pretty bulky watch on a nato and is way more comfortable on the bracelet. I do however have a watch gecko nato which is more comfortable than the rep that came with the watch but it’s only 20mm. To be fair though it looks ok on the watch, with no noticeable gap, but obviously doesn’t have the Omega branding. I have seen a genuine Omega Spectre nato for sale at £345 so may well give that a rather large swerve.
So to sum up, I think it will get the occasional outing on the Watch Gecko nato but will mostly be sporting the bracelet, which, in my opinion, still isn’t quite as comfortable as a Rolex Oyster bracelet.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
jbTc5.jpg

Reactions: atldml