• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SevenFriday V6F 1:1 Best Edition.... really?!

collector00

5/8/15
Hi peeps...
not much discussion on this brand hence need help..
i'm looking at following which, Dial E..
http://www.toro888.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=264&product_id=1597

is it a boutique rep?
as in... compare side by side n yet "not easy" to tell the differences (i'm not asking "cannot tell")

while doing my research here, some mentioned that there's this chip implant into the watch...
does this model have it?
toro site didn't state the model name hence hard to research it...

kindly advise :)

panermaniac

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
25/5/12
China
this ^^^^

I finally got around to getting a V series and it's put together rather well.

collector00

5/8/15
You can't go wrong with SevenFriday's from KW. I had two and still miss them. Only upgrade for me would be gen rubber strap as rep is dust magnet which is pity as it looks great on rubber. That "chip" you mentioned, I think you mean on V-series: http://www.toro888.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=264&product_id=1858

This is P series and it doesn't have that thing. Just go for it and enjoy!

thanks bro for the advise!!!!

this V series also nice.....
does this really have that chip in it?

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
this ^^^^

I finally got around to getting a V series and it's put together rather well.

Which of the two (P/V) do you prefer? I'm planning to get V as it's pretty interesting but P is somehow a SevenFriday classic. :)

panermaniac

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
25/5/12
China
Sorry - I didn't look for a chip - I read that it's in there but I really don't care - ha

I prefer the V - I like the dials on the 'classics', but I don't really like the case shapes.

As much as I like it, I think I'll flip the V for something else pretty soon. The watch box is overflowing!

collector00

5/8/15
Sorry - I didn't look for a chip - I read that it's in there but I really don't care - ha

I prefer the V - I like the dials on the 'classics', but I don't really like the case shapes.

As much as I like it, I think I'll flip the V for something else pretty soon. The watch box is overflowing!

hahaaa... tts a fast turn over.. lol...

zenico

Known Member
18/4/15
thanks bro for the advise!!!!

this V series also nice.....
does this really have that chip in it?

If you're talking about the NFC chips, it's only present in the newer models from V series onwards. Thus, the only P series to have the NFC chip is the Woody II, P2-03W. I meant for the genuine ones. So summary, only the V series and the Woody has the NFC chips. The rest of the P series and the M series doesn't have them.

For reps, I don't think chips are present in any of the reps except for the Woody II. Not sure if they do work though, haven't gotten myself one, but soon! :)

collector00

5/8/15
If you're talking about the NFC chips, it's only present in the newer models from V series onwards. Thus, the only P series to have the NFC chip is the Woody II, P2-03W. I meant for the genuine ones. So summary, only the V series and the Woody has the NFC chips. The rest of the P series and the M series doesn't have them.

For reps, I don't think chips are present in any of the reps except for the Woody II. Not sure if they do work though, haven't gotten myself one, but soon! :)

thanks bro for the advise!
btw... what's that woody II you referring?
i like those woody casing but toro site doesn't seem to have it..

zenico

Known Member
18/4/15
thanks bro for the advise!
btw... what's that woody II you referring?
i like those woody casing but toro site doesn't seem to have it..

Try searching for them up on InTime/PureTime/ChazingTime.

Are available there. The case is made from 7 layers of wood if I'm not wrong, and also the only SevenFriday watch with lume on the markers.

zenico

Known Member
18/4/15
@collector00 Since you're from Singapore as well, I'd suggest that you order from Ken@ChazingTime / Sora@ShineWatch, they accept local transfers so there's no transfer fee, and theres some discount too.

collector00

5/8/15
@collector00 Since you're from Singapore as well, I'd suggest that you order from Ken@ChazingTime / Sora@ShineWatch, they accept local transfers so there's no transfer fee, and theres some discount too.

thanks bro for the info..
Btw, they are base in singapore?
local transfer as in, they have bank account like dbs, posb etc?
are the TD too? any wesbite?

sorry for all these questions.. hahaa... Hope you wouldn't mind sharing :)

zenico

Known Member
18/4/15
thanks bro for the info..
Btw, they are base in singapore?
local transfer as in, they have bank account like dbs, posb etc?
are the TD too? any wesbite?

sorry for all these questions.. hahaa... Hope you wouldn't mind sharing :)

Yea, they're both SV of this forum. Do check them out at their sections. ChazingTime has its own site but Sora doesnt.

They're still based in China but yes they accept local bank transfer like dbs/uob so we wouldnt need to pay transfer fees for WU or bank wire. So watches are still shipped from China.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
All this fuss over a chip, I don't get it. You can't see it so who gives a rat's ass?

As for "does it work?" the only reason I can see for that is to sell the rep as a gen.

collector00

5/8/15
Yea, they're both SV of this forum. Do check them out at their sections. ChazingTime has its own site but Sora doesnt.

They're still based in China but yes they accept local bank transfer like dbs/uob so we wouldnt need to pay transfer fees for WU or bank wire. So watches are still shipped from China.

Thanks bro...
Shall check them out on their service's reviews.. haha..
Thanks for the info! !

collector00

5/8/15

Bro,
may i ask you... do u buy frequently through chazingtime?
their price seems cheap..
i'm comparing the same watch with toro..
http://www.toro888.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=264&product_id=1311
http://chazingtime.com/product/seve...lver-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-8215/

Toro selling at $258 whereas chazingtime at $198 only... like an awesome deal...
makes me wonder whether are they from the same factories? is the quality different?

hm.... any advise?

zenico

Known Member
18/4/15
All this fuss over a chip, I don't get it. You can't see it so who gives a rat's ass?

As for "does it work?" the only reason I can see for that is to sell the rep as a gen.

True that.

Bro,
may i ask you... do u buy frequently through chazingtime?
their price seems cheap..
i'm comparing the same watch with toro..
http://www.toro888.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=264&product_id=1311
http://chazingtime.com/product/seve...lver-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-8215/

Toro selling at $258 whereas chazingtime at $198 only... like an awesome deal...
makes me wonder whether are they from the same factories? is the quality different?

hm.... any advise?

Lol, look carefully, the one you linked form ChazingTime is from SWF while the one you linked form Toro is from V6F. Besides, ChazingTime is having sale on that watch, thus the lower price.

For the M series, some said SWF might be better than V6F because of its bezel. The SWF bezel is glossy while the V6F is not, genuine is glossy. All other aspects, I assume V6F would be better, but I can't confirm. This applies to the M2-2 RG model, not sure if it applies to the rest. You have to research more and compare with gen pics I guess. There are threads discussing about this issue.

And also, I've not bought from ChazingTime before but I'm going use them for my next purchase soon (3 watches). ChazingTime is totally trustable, no shady business, in fact all dealers on RWI are trustable, else they won't be here. ChazingTime is also one of the top dealers in the Dealer of the Year 2015 voting, so yea.

collector00

5/8/15
True that.

Lol, look carefully, the one you linked form ChazingTime is from SWF while the one you linked form Toro is from V6F. Besides, ChazingTime is having sale on that watch, thus the lower price.

For the M series, some said SWF might be better than V6F because of its bezel. The SWF bezel is glossy while the V6F is not, genuine is glossy. All other aspects, I assume V6F would be better, but I can't confirm. This applies to the M2-2 RG model, not sure if it applies to the rest. You have to research more and compare with gen pics I guess. There are threads discussing about this issue.

And also, I've not bought from ChazingTime before but I'm going use them for my next purchase soon (3 watches). ChazingTime is totally trustable, no shady business, in fact all dealers on RWI are trustable, else they won't be here. ChazingTime is also one of the top dealers in the Dealer of the Year 2015 voting, so yea.

Argh... didn't know SWF is a factory itself.. ar ha
Thanks for the lesson!
Hope you have a great deal bro!!