• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Service and mods on 3KF Patek Philippe 5167A (Superclone 324/330)

Harleysta91

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
7/9/16
Vercelli (VC) Italy
Small series of photos of a complete overhaul of the mechanics of this PP 5167.
the bridges and the rotor have been treated with Alphaone liquid in stasis in a petrol tanker to make them shine as much as possible, clearly a result not equal to the hand-finished components of the great Patek Philippe but clearly a less raw and dull result than how it leaves the factory from the 3KF. During the reassembly and lubrication phase, the escapement group and other parts of the mechanics were treated with Episurf-Neo.
the case has undergone the removal of the "horns" not present on the original model, the resumption of the satin finish with the correct grain, the re-polishing of the bevels, the assembly of the glass using UV glue + Teflon joint.
bracelet and clasp have been washed and the latter improved the overall finish.
Rubber B bracelet washed and degreased.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Wow! That’s fantastic, my friend, very gen-like 😍👏

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Small series of photos of a complete overhaul of the mechanics of this PP 5167.
the bridges and the rotor have been treated with Alphaone liquid in stasis in a petrol tanker to make them shine as much as possible, clearly a result not equal to the hand-finished components of the great Patek Philippe but clearly a less raw and dull result than how it leaves the factory from the 3KF. During the reassembly and lubrication phase, the escapement group and other parts of the mechanics were treated with Episurf-Neo.
the case has undergone the removal of the "horns" not present on the original model, the resumption of the satin finish with the correct grain, the re-polishing of the bevels, the assembly of the glass using UV glue + Teflon joint.
bracelet and clasp have been washed and the latter improved the overall finish.
Rubber B bracelet washed and degreased.
Any chance you could point out the where the horns are on a stock on vs here removed?