• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Selling process on RWI

jk130

Known Member
Certified
29/11/20
I think the new process to sell the watch on RWI has become very confusing. This certification method is OK but after that it is very complicated process. Unclear how to sell. Also I really think there should be no further verification of sale after the person has been certified. This PENDING thing is extra process which is confusing. There is no proper step guidance how to sell.

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
This PENDING thing is extra process which is confusing.
The pending process was always done until a sales mod reviewed the sale to green light it. Members would put their watch for sale and not click on pending to alert the sales mods previously. Then the members would do the customary beckon @ mcleanredude and others to get a green light ( which if frowned upon ). So there isn't an extra process or step and it shouldn't be that confusing.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
What is the "new" process? Only certification has been added, which you say is ok. So, I'm confused, what exactly is unclear?
Be mindful that all verification Stagegates we implement are for the member's security, and even then they're not infallible. We do our best and implement 4-eyes principles in the cases we deem necessary, like for HVS.
Nevertheless, I think the process of posting a sale is quite easy and not different or more difficult than posting on eBay or chrono24.
I'd be really interested in understanding what is confusing to you in case there's actually room for improvement.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
I think the new process to sell the watch on RWI has become very confusing. This certification method is OK but after that it is very complicated process. Unclear how to sell. Also I really think there should be no further verification of sale after the person has been certified. This PENDING thing is extra process which is confusing. There is no proper step guidance how to sell.
That’s not new. Your post is always pending while it’s approved by a moderator. It’s not a big deal at all, they approve it within a few hours. I’ve sold twice on here, no issues either time, both posts were approved within a few hours of being posted.

HootschiGootschi

„105 OR 1=1“
Patron
Certified
6/2/19
HG in da house
personally, I even think it should be even more gated.

Like a full year of active presence with at least 100 posts.

And sales thread invisible apart from mods until approved at D+2 days minimum.
I wouldn’t go that far, to be honest.

In my eyes the existing Sales Rules are developed over time to avoid after sales confusion & fraud as best as possible.

Maybe the mindset behind isn’t obvious in first place for a newbie or challenging for the lazie
At least it makes it more difficult for the scammers (even while it doesn’t stop them completel)

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
I am still fairly new here.

However, I can see three populations
1. engaged members here to learn and have fun, sometimes selling to cull the collection and buy a new one
2. people wanting to just sell a watch fast, and having a bad sense of entitlement (not saying that's OP's case)
3. silent majority

I must say 2. are irritating, but do sometimes trigger hilarious threads

1. are the ones who keep this site alive, and most won't mind stronger gates

Last edited:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
What are you on about? Apart from the certification process nothing has changed and 1000s of people go thru the process every year with no issues. We were going to remove the HVS approval process until a couple of very smart returning scammers were picked up at that stage. Given we stopped additional scams we decided to leave it in place at least for now.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
You've been here for three years. You have done thirteen sales in your tenure here.

The sales process has not changed at all other than the certification process. The rest remains the same process you've done thirteen times before.

The pending business? I explained it on the sticky in the forum.

You also posted a watch here not a few hours ago and it got approved.

Unclear why you are now wanting to change everything? Even after the mods came to your rescue offering assistance?

Last edited:

jk130

Known Member
Certified
29/11/20
I think it was setting up certification and loading pictures bit tricky. But all good now