• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Selling for a "friend"

orson

Renowned Member
8/12/09
I am always suspicious of "selling for a friend" sales of high priced items on ebay as it would be so easy for someone to offload the legal risk onto some unsuspecting or daft victim. Might be worth a multiple ask for better images?

eBay UK Item number: 180540181130

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I wouldn't bother- selling for a friend, crappy photos- did you notice all the .99¢ sales this person has? I have a feeling that the seller is probably a decent person, being used by a "not so decent person" to scam another by selling a rep watch. Just my thought.

Notice the disclaimer...

Item specifics

Condition: New without tags: A brand-new, unused and unworn item that is not in its original retail packaging or may be missing its original retail packaging materials (such as the original box or bag). The original tags may not be attached. For example, new shoes (with absolutely no signs of wear) that are no longer in their original box fall into this category.

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Hey Bob. I want you to go out with this girl. She doesn't have the original tags, but she's cute.
Do it for me, "a friend"
Sure Dave, you got a pic?
Yeah, right here. 2nd from the left
no%20beer%20goggles%20for%20women.jpg

Now tell me, would ANYONE do Dave a favor with this kind of pic? Not talking a few hundo for a watch, just $6 for a beer. Me? I'm thinking......
NO.

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
Notice the disclaimer...

Item specifics

Condition: New without tags: A brand-new, unused and unworn item that is not in its original retail packaging or may be missing its original retail packaging materials (such as the original box or bag). The original tags may not be attached. For example, new shoes (with absolutely no signs of wear) that are no longer in their original box fall into this category.

That's not a disclaimer ... it's ebay's definition of NWOT
Ebay automatically put their definition of the condition (new/nwot/used) on all auctions nowdays.

wobbler

Known Member
8/7/09
Jeez, did the guy stick a load of sellotape over his camera lens before taking the pics?

I'd be amazed if people actually fall for this shit. People can't be that stupid surely?

orson

Renowned Member
8/12/09
Interesting update on the photos; what's the opinion?

SMIDSY

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
fake avoid..... imho....