• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

seiko movements in omega replicas?

crucifudge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/09
I agree. And for the record, I have never seen a Myiota movement in a rep.
Its probably an asian eta if it sweeps as smooth as the steelfish in the video(hard to tell for as much as the idiot kept moving the watch around), or the seller was told it was a seiko movement. I movement pic would solve the delima.

He said he doesnt have any pictures of the movement, and doesnt want to open it up without the tools (he didnt want to try and use the duct tape). This doesnt suprize me too much, as he isnt a watch dealer, just a rep collector.

Its movement is exaclty (well from what I can tell from that video) the same. Is the Asian eta movement an unreliable one? I know seikos are really good, but if the asian eta won't break on me in less then a year I'd prob go for it.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
I know one thing about seiko movements in the retail section that any movement below 25J can be purchased for from $100 to $450. As soon as you jump to 30J limit the price starts from $2000 and up. As 50J spring you are talking $5-6K if you can find one.

So keep in mind the price factor as well and the # of jewels seller is claiming.

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
He said he doesnt have any pictures of the movement, and doesnt want to open it up without the tools (he didnt want to try and use the duct tape). This doesnt suprize me too much, as he isnt a watch dealer, just a rep collector.

Its movement is exaclty (well from what I can tell from that video) the same. Is the Asian eta movement an unreliable one? I know seikos are really good, but if the asian eta won't break on me in less then a year I'd prob go for it.

The asian eta's have actually proven to be pretty good.

crucifudge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/09
I think im going to go for it. Thanks everybody for the help!

As far as the movements, he told me that the guy who sold it to him said they were Asian copies of Swiss movements, and his buddy (who works for a jewler supposedly) said they were Seikos, meaning it probably is the Asian eta, and if those are good, then its good enough for me.

robbnj

11/6/09
Seiko makes excellent movements.
I don't think they make auto chrono movements, though.

'Not sure if they do now, but they DID. I'm wearing one right now (6139-6040/orange partially restored). It's only a 2-hand chrono though (seconds hand and minutes at 6).

Rob

graybabs

Looking Around
1/8/09
seiko movements in omega replicas

Sorry to say the Schumacher Omega has a very cheap asian mvt, the chrono functions do not work correctly, I think you will find the 2.00 button resets the date and the 4.00 button maybe the month, but not start/stop ..reset as you would expect.
If you bought them I hope you are not disappointed. I agree with the other guys here stick to trusted and proven dealers.
Regards, Graham

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
Sorry to say the Schumacher Omega has a very cheap asian mvt, the chrono functions do not work correctly, I think you will find the 2.00 button resets the date and the 4.00 button maybe the month, but not start/stop ..reset as you would expect.
If you bought them I hope you are not disappointed. I agree with the other guys here stick to trusted and proven dealers.
Regards, Graham
well i must be lucky my shummy has the 7750 movment in it .and its serviced also ..looks like I have a very rare rep now a fully serviced 7750 Schumacher omega :notworthy: