• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Second order through TheOne, this time for a DiW Submariner

Spinal122

Horology Curious
18/2/23
USA
Having had a great experience with my previous order from TheOne, I decided to order an additional rep, this time one of the new DiW Submariners. I haven't found an exact Rolex model number for its equivalent gen, and a gen with the same features may not even exist, although I really like its design. I currently own two reps - one for formal occasions and one to wear daily, although I often find myself outside doing yard work while wearing one of them and as a result it has been getting scratched from branches and other objects, so I decided to procure one of the new carbon fiber reps, which has a more sporty, casual look and probably won't show scratches as much. On the website it is called "Rolex - Submariner DIW 40MM Carbon/NY Black/Red VSF VS3135". The two reps that I currently have are also from VSF factory with the VS3135 movement which I have been very happy with, and which is partly why I decided my next rep would also have VSF movement.

Sunday, March 3rd, 2024: I first contacted the e-mail address that I used for my previous order, inquiring about the model's availability.

Monday, March 4th, 2024: I received a reply the next day that the model is NOT in stock and that it would take 2 weeks for QC. I was asked to contact via WhatsApp/Line/Wechat instead of e-mail, so I began communicating via WhatsApp, and received a reply about payment methods.

Tuesday, March 5th, 2024: I inquired about lead time, and received a response that it needs to be ordered from the factory and that it would be about 1 month for the VS model to be available, and that they are released about once a month. I was advised to do a $50 deposit, so I sent it along with my shipping and contact information, and was advised that the order was processed and was given an order number and assurance that QC would be sent via e-mail ASAP.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I don’t think you can ask for more. Hope today‘s issues won’t affect the process of getting your watch.

Spinal122

Horology Curious
18/2/23
USA
Updates:

Monday, April 1st, 2024: QC photos and 2 videos received. All looked OK. I asked for additional photos of the strap unfastened and superlume in the dark. Additional photos received.

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2024: I confirmed that all QC looked OK, and I sent the remaining payment via PayPal and sent a screenshot of the payment. TheOne responded that shipment and tracking would be arranged ASAP.

Spinal122

Horology Curious
18/2/23
USA
Update:

Friday, April 5th, 2024: Received tracking information. For my previous order it took 8 days for the watch to arrive in the US, then only a couple days after that for it to arrive at my house.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
That timeline sounds right to me. I hope one day I'll be in the same position as you.

Spinal122

Horology Curious
18/2/23
USA
Update:

Saturday, April 14th, 2024: Item arrived at US distribution center, just as expected!

Spinal122

Horology Curious
18/2/23
USA
Update:

Wednesday, April 14th, 2024: Received parcel with watch inside in the mail! Appears to be in perfect condition. Will post photos soon, and update the post if I notice any defects over the next few days.

Spinal122

Horology Curious
18/2/23
USA
See images below. I'm not a watch expert, and frankly I couldn't even find photos of a gen DiW Rolex in this color scheme, although so far the watch looks and functions as expected! It keeps time more accurately than my rep yachtmaster which also has VSF movement.

When I initially inquired about this watch, I had a concern about fit since my wrist is smaller than average, although when received the strap fits my wrist PERFECTLY! I don't know whether the factory or rep had a custom strap made base don my wrist size, but I am very happy with the fit and how comfortable it is, which is why I posted photos of both.

20240420-190918.jpg

20240420-190947.jpg