• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Second hand issue

dcwnas

I'm Pretty Popular
12/6/12
Wanted to put this out there for some of those more knowledgeable members. I have a JF V5 15400 and the second hand stops at the same spot all the time, even at a full wind. Long story short is one of the screws was lost on the bracelet. I found a source to get a new screw but it took almost a month to get. I’m the mean time my watch was sitting in my watch box face up for that entire time. Screw came I installed it but when I went to wear the watch the second hand is stopping at the same spot every revolution. I tap it against my hand and it starts again only to stop at the same point the next time around. The watch worked perfectly before I let it sit for a month. My question is could it be some gunk or something stuck in the gears? Is it too cost prohibitive to buy a new movement or get it serviced? It’s the myota 9015 I believe. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

dcwnas

I'm Pretty Popular
12/6/12
I would think the sane but the watch he watch worked perfectly fine for several weeks before I took it off and put it in my watch box for a month.

Look closely at the spot where it stops, could be rubbing against something.

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I would think the sane but the watch he watch worked perfectly fine for several weeks before I took it off and put it in my watch box for a month.

Keep trying what you've been doing, it may start running fine after awhile. If not, consult a watchmaker for a service.

If anyone else have any opinions/solutions, please chime in.

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
If it's stopping at the same spot everytime it's touching something, most probably the crystal.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The second stopping obviously has nothing to do with the bracelet screw replacement, I had to read your account twice to make sure that I was reading it correctly. A bit of a roundabout you took there.

In short, I agree with what the rest have said. If the second hand stops at the same place each revolution, it is very likely that it is touching the crystal. If this issue has not occurred before, check the crystal tightness and height. Did you inadvertently press on the crystal too hard when attaching the bracelet screw? On an ill or poorly fitted crystal, this can sometimes cause tilting in the crystal which will naturally lead to stoppage of the second hand each time it comes in contact with the glass.

Reactions: Allure