• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Second hand fell off. Help.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
While photographing my GMT-Master II, which happens a lot, as it's my photogenic watch, I noticed the second hand had fallen off.

This distressed me greatly. I have pulled out the stem to make sure hacking was activated as I didn't want the GMT hand to sweep over it.

What do I do now? I've mailed the suppliers and am waiting to hear back from them.

seconds-2.jpg

seconds-1.jpg

The irony is, at least I have photos of it the moment after the hand fell off.

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
Oh, dude, that sucks! First, nice watch! Second, real easy fix. If you're familiar with disassembling watches, take it apart (back off, remove stem, movement falls out.) Gently press second hand back on pinion.....put back together.

HOWEVER, I'd just call around and find an INDEPENDENT (small) watch repair shop and have them slap that puppy back on. Shouldn't cost much at all......probably the easiest repair there is. Make sure you check with them and ask them if they have a problem working on reps. Most small shops don't (a buck is a buck) and they don't have to worry about pissing off the mother ship like AD's do.

If you got it from one of the good dealers here, they'll probably reimburse you for repair costs. I don't think I'd send it back across the ocean for such a simple repair. You might also want to PM RBJ, he could fix'er up in about 5 minutes, and you'd be supporting a fellow member.

Hope this helps.....a little

EDIT: Oops, just noticed you're in Paris. Probably best to find a local watchsmith.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
i fix watches all over the world and had no shipping problems , but beside the point, it may be two things wrong it may not fit properly on the post so u may have put a spot of adhesive on the inside of the tube of the hand to secure it and or it just wasnt seated properly on the post