• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Second edition Z factory Tudor Pelagos

OrdinaryBob

Horology Curious
17/3/15
Hi guys.

I'm pretty new here. However, I've done a lot of research on the Tudor Pelagos and I'm simply stuck on where I should purchase one.

I Understand that the z factory has the best in terms of build, but the bezel numbering is the instant tell with these. So I wanted to ask if anyone owns or bought the second version from the factory to see if the numbering is fixed.

Per the link, can anyone tell me if these are actually the up to date pics of the z second edition??

http://www.pure-time.com/product/pe...on-titanium-bracelet-a2824-free-rubber-strap/

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Where did you see/hear there was going to be a V2 of the Pelagos from the Z-factory?

OrdinaryBob

Horology Curious
17/3/15
Where did you see/hear there was going to be a V2 of the Pelagos from the Z-factory?

In the link, if you read the red text, it says they are selling the second edition of the z factory. Maybe I'm reading this wrong?

OrdinaryBob

Horology Curious
17/3/15
"The second 1:1 Tudor Super REP, also from the legendary Z Factory, the Tudor Pelagos!"

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I think he got that from that puretime link which states "the second Tudor super rep".

But of course the first was the blackbay

OrdinaryBob

Horology Curious
17/3/15
Ahh I see. I'm sorry guys, I'm such a noob to this. Been really trying to find this watch for a while now but notice it isn't really talked about too much.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
No need to be sorry, it was a mistake.

We all do that.

But see if you wouldnt have asked, you wouldnt know.

The Pelagos is still on its first version.
I havent heard anything about a second version yet......but that doesnt mean it wont happen.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
The bezel is the weak point on these, both from ZF and V6.

Its the one thing that made me wait.

I wish they would have done the bezel insert the way they did the ploprof insert and lumed from underneath....would have looked alot better IMO

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Well the actual Tudor bezel has the lume infused with the ceramic making it super smooth.

The reps have cutouts and they are lume filled, so you can see the lume application.

If they ever do a clear frosted sapphire, with the lume applied from the bottom and also painted black from below, you wont be able to see the difference. It would be indestinguishable.( i hope i spelled that right !)

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
Personally i think you should just get one any way... they are truly amazing... i wouldn't worry about the bezel... just enjoy them while we can.. life's too short.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
They use 100% titanium ?

For the most part yes,
Both ZF and V6 have a titanium case,
ZF uses a stainless back, V6 uses a titanium back
Both have titanium bracelets